Bert McGee & the Kop Roof

Guest Paulos_Medication

I remember doing the fun run to raise money for the Kop roof when I was at school. Looking back was it not a bit odd that the club would help fund the roof in such a way?

Did anyone else do the run ?

I was looking through some old programmes the other week and found some great pictures. But haven't got a scooby doo how to upload them on here.

Get someone to help. Would love to see them.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

I remember doing the fun run to raise money for the Kop roof when I was at school. Looking back was it not a bit odd that the club would help fund the roof in such a way?

Did anyone else do the run ?

Did it with a few mates. Started at the ground, went up clay wheels lane, through Beverley wood and back down langsett road. I didn't think too much about why we were doing but was only 18 at the time and just wanted to do my bit. Seem to remember I raised about £30.

It was a smashing spring Saturday afternoon Horny and they were Tracker bars!

I was 12 and me my brother and a school friend made ourselves physically sick on those oaty bad boys. When I see one today I an instantly transported back to that game.

For the record, there must have been nearly 60k in Hillsborough that day. I cannot remember the Kop being so full. Official attendance 51k (+ some for the 'biscuit tin').

UTO :biggrin:

What year was this ?

Half way back just to the right of the middle section as you look at it...remember it being 'our barrier' for years....about 15 of us every home game...you couldnt beat a good 'surge' !!! :biggrin:

I am sure I saw an advert selling those crash barriers when they seated the Kop - that would be an unusual garden feature lol

I was on the kop that night too it was an awesome atmosphere

Was that the same match as all the Mr Tom bars were getting thrown everywhere???

Zico is right mate..it was a lovely Spring day! We were out classed by Cov and it hurt!

A great night match ill share with you though...and my first! Was Burnley at home in the cup in 83! 5-0!! What a night! Again it was packed out!

??

Kop used to hold 18000 to 22000 at its peak.

After West stand was built the capacity was 65,000.

made up of 24,008  seated, 41,000 standing combined on Leppings lane and Kop, so you tell me where they used to stand ? admittedly that capacity was quickly reduced but you tell me where they used to stand.