Catering

I know its the same everywhere not just football ground but why is the food and drink so overpriced, its £2 for capri sun or a bottle of coke/7 up and around that for a little bag of wine gums and chips are £2.50(roughly) and burgers are so expensive. Why do they charge us this? It's like a punishment

£££ :milan: Â£Â£Â£

Guest intercity0wl

I know its the same everywhere not just football ground but why is the food and drink so overpriced, its £2 for capri sun or a bottle of coke/7 up and around that for a little bag of wine gums and chips are £2.50(roughly) and burgers are so expensive. Why do they charge us this? It's like a punishment

Have you seen the price of Hay these days

£££ :milan: £££

The punishment is eating the dirty cack

Sounds like you want to eat junk food but don't like the price. Save your money and go to the Chinese chippy, just down Pensitone Road, about two minutes walk from the ticket office. If enough people refuse to pay the prices, the caterers will have to do something about it.

Guest Ripley Owl

Lets be honest everybody get a choice

There's plenty of good chippies and burger vans round the stadium so nobody is forced to eat or drink in the ground.

With any captive audience you are going to pay a premium.

I've never seen anyone frogmarched, in a Lord Nelson hold, up to the catering kiosk in the ground yet.

Easiest and cheapest option is what Lawrie Madden does

Take a bag and flask !

Guest Ripley Owl

Sounds like you want to eat junk food but don't like the price. Save your money and go to the Chinese chippy, just down Pensitone Road, about two minutes walk from the ticket office. If enough people refuse to pay the prices, the caterers will have to do something about it.

The fish cakes and curry sauce are absolutely fantastic from there Wolfmanjack

I've often taken a bag of fish cakes back to my local in Ripley

They all love em in there !

Never bought any food or drink in a football ground. If you need something, loads of chippies, cafes, pubs, shops round the ground and in Hillsborough.  In fact, why does everyone have to eat when they go to the pictures, football or even shopping?  Can people not manage for 3 or 4 hours without eating?  No wonder obesity and diabetes is a growing problem.

I used to always get something but as soon as lindleys took over bunged at least fifty pence on everything and served worse food for the premium I've bought nothing . If for two matches no one bought a thing they'd soon change their pricing but people pay it so lindleys think f**k em .

Edited by cross owl

Never bought any food or drink in a football ground. If you need something, loads of chippies, cafes, pubs, shops round the ground and in Hillsborough. In fact, why does everyone have to eat when they go to the pictures, football or even shopping? Can people not manage for 3 or 4 hours without eating? No wonder obesity and diabetes is a growing problem.

True I have my dinner before setting off and my tea when I get back. A 3 o'clock kick off works well for meal times.

Best sausage and chips you can get, worth the 200+ mile round trip and reasonably priced. Edited by Paul G Wisbech Owl

While on the subject of catering, for the past 4-5 home games the hot drinks have been very tepid on the kop! Have complained each time but still seems to be the same each time.

Surely must get plenty of returns every week so must be losing money, especially as it's £2 a pop.

You can slag off those that buy it all you want, but when you`ve got a son/daughter and they look forward to something to eat/drink at the ground you can`t deny them. It`s stupidly overpriced and i would have  thought the club would do well if they did it in-house and charge sensible prices.

And before some wise arse says why don`t you feed em at home before you go to the match...it`s a 660 mile round trip from Dundee.

In the South Stand the catering gets worse, not the food but the service.

I know it gets busy at half time but so frustrating how slow they are at times, on Saturday I didn't get downstairs as fast as usual and ended up near the back of one of the queues, shouldn't really be a problem though as there is surely enough time to get served, yet 15 mins later both queues had moved about a meter. No urgency at all from those serving, winds me up.

£££ :milan: £££

It's all down to the captive clientele thing and monopolisation. It's not like ppl can go to the next outlet and get it cheaper.

But like has been said, until ppl make a stand and refuse to pay the prices, it won't stop. The club aren't bothered cos they've already been paid so any sales figures don't affect the club.