Am I getting carried away here?

Strange. It always seems to ruffle feathers on here if anyone says something that is not within the current popular flow of thinking.

Oh there he goes...

Beholder is getting battered in another argument so he starts the whole "look at me, I'm such a free thinking soul, stifled by the masses on Owlstalk" 

Bloody parody of yourself. 

Oh there he goes...

Beholder is getting battered in another argument so he starts the whole "look at me, I'm such a free thinking soul, stifled by the masses on Owlstalk" 

Bloody parody of yourself. 

Battered in an argument?

in what way?

The fact that Kirkland and Gardner are playing in the Championship NOW speaks for itself. They were Prem players and there is a reason they no longer are. Reda will not cut it in the Prem either. He can't defend. Afraid the OP is getting carried away...on a wave of alcoholic bevvy.

Like the optimism Beholder and yes you may be getting a bit carried away  lol

It's what being a Wednesday fan is all about though being the eternal optimist.

We have a decent nucleus of a squad at the moment but are not even an established Championship side at the moment.....however I think it's just round the corner and the good run of form we are having with the current crop of players is pretty flipping amazing when let's be fair......most of us thought we could quite easily have gone the other way.

Bump this at the end of the season when we've gone unbeaten for the remainder of it and let's hope it's not another false dawn where we're expecting to come crashing down at some point

probably a bit optimistic - on the basis some of our better players during this run...... are not OUR players,

squad has to be judged on contracted players, which leaves us light.

one thing I will say though, loads on here seem to think you have to be a right superstar to cut it in the prem.

when recent history of teams who have gone up prove LOADS of players who have played most of their footy lower down,

have coped with the prem fine and have flourished.

(stoke blackpool Swansea Norwich soton reading kept a lot of the players pre promotion and they are doing fine.

Reda MIGHT be good in the prem in a back 5 ?.... players suit teams,

so where I don't think reda would do any good for QPR, he could be great for Swansea / wigan / arsenal

ANTONIO, you never know, Norwich certainly think Antonio has potential to be good enough, I say potential, but when they buy someone, they play him

(Pilkington / R bennett)

and without the hundreds of cheap foreign imports that is the current trend, loads of champ'ship players would be established in prem squads,

I not saying they defo' are good enough, just don't knock a player who hasn't had chance to prove it otherwise.

Edited by GY-owl.4

Like the optimism Beholder and yes you may be getting a bit carried away  lol

It's what being a Wednesday fan is all about though being the eternal optimist.

Well said mate.

though you wouldn't think it judging by some of the miserable cnuts in this thread.

lol

The Laws squad had a good balance, well the starting eleven anyway. It was pretty much the same eleven week in week out and a front two of Tudgay and Burton who were a very good pairing. A midfield of, right to left, JJ, Folly, Whelan and Brunt was as good as any in that league. I seem to recall that Folly didn't always play but for the life of me can't remember who played alongside Whelan?

KENNY LUNT

Also Burton O'Brien, Steve Adams, Wade Small and Sean Mcallister.

Guest PrincessWendy

Beholder was right about Jones

I was right about lines been poo and coke been miles better than him

Anybody else been right about owt ?

Yes, BG, I'm right about your bad spelling and grammar. It's "being poo " and "Coke being miles better than him".

You deserve a good spanking. See me after school.

Bless you

HRH Wendy

Edited by PrincessWendy