Am I getting carried away here?

This. Simek is by far the best right back I've seen play for us. He was quality and consistent, better than Buxton is now IMO. But his injury ruined his career unfortunately, never recovered properly from it.

Spurr was immense for a couple of seasons aswell. People call him poo but when he first broke on the scene he was a really good left back. Then it seemed as if all his confidence was drained and he never got back to the level he was playing at. Similar to Beevers really.

Shame because I really thought these three would go on to play Premier Leage football. I never rated Richard Wood though.

Shame you never got to see Roland or Zico. Now they were great right backs.

Will see where this new togetherness leads before getting carried away , yes we are doing well but sorry to say that can change one game to the next ,another losing streak could finish us off in this league fingers crossed it dosent happen ,but i am happy we are fighting for our survival that is a +point and was /is needed ,

Never a truer word spoken! Only takes one slip up from our current position to be back in the crap. A mid table finish and some solid performances would, on the whole be very good progress made this season, all things considered.

Honestly cannot believe what I am reading, no wonder Brighton fans think we are all deluded, utterly cringeworthy. Its also funny how after about 15-20 games of dross everyone who questions the manager is being a 'knee-jerk reactionist' and yet after 4 or 5 wins in the last month, most of our squad now belong in the flippingprem?

Honestly cannot believe what I am reading, no wonder Brighton fans think we are all deluded, utterly cringeworthy. Its also funny how after about 15-20 games of dross everyone who questions the manager is being a 'knee-jerk reactionist' and yet after 4 or 5 wins in the last month, most of our squad now belong in the flippingprem?

It is a thread intended to instigate a discussion on a SWFC forum.

You supercilious ****

agreed^^^^^

Untitled.pnghappy.png

no offence intended ,beholder lol

lol

It is a thread intended to instigate a discussion on a SWFC forum.

You supercilious ****

Supercilious? For thinking its ridiculous to suggest a good number of our squad (that lies 5th bottom and 4 points from safety) contains premiership players? I guess I must be

Daft flap

Coke Premier League quality?

We do have a habit of getting carried away, at the start of January the vast majority on here would have wanted him out the club, now he's had a few good games everyone is drooling over him.

Starting to show his potential, but I'm nowhere near convinced he's changed from inconsistent League One player to Premier League superstar in less than a month.

Supercilious? For thinking its ridiculous to suggest a good number of our squad (that lies 5th bottom and 4 points from safety) contains premiership players? I guess I must be

Daft flap

Remind me where Kirkland and Gardener have played most of their career.

We do have a habit of getting carried away, at the start of January the vast majority on here would have wanted him out the club, now he's had a few good games everyone is drooling over him.

Starting to show his potential, but I'm nowhere near convinced he's changed from inconsistent League One player to Premier League superstar in less than a month.

It's the perception that changes.

Not the player.

the player always had the ability in the first place.

So if this team is so fandabidozi then does that mean that the manager was under achieving up until recently?

For the sake of discussion of course  :rolleyes:

finding the right balance.

The evidence for my argument is on the pitch now.

Not 4 months ago.

Guest Big Guns

The cult of lines ....

finding the right balance.

The evidence for my argument is on the pitch now.

Not 4 months ago.

Your "evidence" is based upon a group of players having a decent run in the Championship and yet you have somehow reached the conclusion that we've actually assembled a group of world beaters - this despite the fact that we are 18th in the second tier of English football and still deep in a relegation, albeit with enough positive signs to suggest that we will get out of it and stay up. 

Up until a month ago Giles Coke was on loan at a side in League One (he was for all intents and purposes in exile for nearly two years at Wednesday) and Kieran Lee was deemed "not ready for the Championship" by his own manager. 

Both are doing really well at the moment, but lets not kid ourselves and suggest that they are suddenly "Premiership class". 

The only way he'll be proven right is if A) we get promoted to the Prem; B) some of our players are recruited by a Championship side that gets into the Premiership or C) our players are purchased by a Premiership side. 

I'd suggest that all pretty unlikely at the moment. . . 

We're a work in a progress, a bit of miss mash at the moment but - assuming we stop up this season - Dave Jones could well go onto assemble a side that is worthy of the plaudits that Beholder is currently bestowing on our present side. 

Long way to go - let's not get carried away. 

Your "evidence" is based upon a group of players having a decent run in the Championship and yet you have somehow reached the conclusion that we've actually assembled a group of world beaters - this despite the fact that we are 18th in the second tier of English football and still deep in a relegation, albeit with enough positive signs to suggest that we will get out of it and stay up. 

Up until a month ago Giles Coke was on loan at a side in League One (he was for all intents and purposes in exile for nearly two years at Wednesday) and Kieran Lee was deemed "not ready for the Championship" by his own manager. 

Both are doing really well at the moment, but lets not kid ourselves and suggest that they are suddenly "Premiership class". 

World beaters?

where did i say that?

I said I believed lee and Coke had the ability to play at the top level.

That is based upon what i have seen of them.

Strange. It always seems to ruffle feathers on here if anyone says something that is not within the current popular flow of thinking.