Last throw of the dice

According to the media we are interested in signing another striker on loan, could this be the last throw of the dice for DJ.

DJ’s player assessment and signing record doesn’t look too good at the moment, most of his signings either aren’t playing or are failing to make an imact (see evidence below). If you were MM would you trust him with your money in January particulaly if we are in the bottom three come the new year, which is starting to look likely at the moment.

Taylor- dropped after making elementary mistakes.

Mattock – dropped after poor performances.

Maguire – not played, injured and nearly loaned out.

Lee – one appearance only

Rodri – has fallen short after a promising debut – does not start much.

Pecnik – looks skillfull but can’t be trusted to defend when played in midfield, hence not started .

McCabe – has promise but doesn’t impose himself on the game enough – needs time.

Mayor – not really played that much.

Bothroyd – has talent but played out of position in current formation, one goal is a poor return.

Corry – has promise but will need time to develop – hope we have it

Barkley – good player but if team is built around him and he is a success he will be back at Everton in the new year.

Antonio – best signing but was spotted by GM.

Only Gardner and Kirkland have really lived up to expectations.

If we are in the bottom three in the new year I think DJ will be toast.

According to the media we are interested in signing another striker on loan, could this be the last throw of the dice for DJ.

DJ’s player assessment and signing record doesn’t look too good at the moment, most of his signings either aren’t playing or are failing to make an imact (see evidence below). If you were MM would you trust him with your money in January particulaly if we are in the bottom three come the new year, which is starting to look likely at the moment.

Taylor- dropped after making elementary mistakes. Bad Signing

Mattock – dropped after poor performances. Can understand the signing, should be performing better

Maguire – not played, injured and nearly loaned out. Bad Signing

Lee – one appearance only Should play instead of Daniel Jones

Rodri – has fallen short after a promising debut – does not start much. Not been given enough opportunity

Pecnik – looks skillfull but can’t be trusted to defend when played in midfield, hence not started . Good going forward, awful defensively

McCabe – has promise but doesn’t impose himself on the game enough – needs time. Good signing, started well

Mayor – not really played that much. Pointless

Bothroyd – has talent but played out of position in current formation, one goal is a poor return. Has quality, lacks desire

Corry – has promise but will need time to develop – hope we have it Decent prospect

Barkley – good player but if team is built around him and he is a success he will be back at Everton in the new year. great loanee

Antonio – best signing but was spotted by GM. Great player, lacks end product

Only Gardner and Kirkland have really lived up to expectations. Solid signings!

I think it's more than likely that Barkley will be with us for the majority of the season. Everton are playing well with the squad they have and dont really need him back to add anything, fingers crossed they dont have an injury crisis or he'll be straight back.

Whether or not it is the last throw of the dice, or the final piece of the jigsaw, it's one we simply have to get right. On the face of it this summers recruitment has been in the main, uninspiring. Some good players but also a lot that don't seem to fit into any obvious plan. However, I'm not too pessimistic and believe we are only a couple of players off fashioning a decent side. An experienced midfield leader and goal scorer with pace and good movement. I believe in Jones, but he really has to get these next two signings right.

Guest Bedders

I think it's more than likely that Barkley will be with us for the majority of the season. Everton are playing well with the squad they have and dont really need him back to add anything, fingers crossed they dont have an injury crisis or he'll be straight back.

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey

#Fellaini to Belgian media: "I've seen everything with #EFC & in January or at end of the season, I will turn to a new club or new league".

Retweeted by Gordon Watson

Yeah the last thing we want are any more signings that do not specifically address our needs We shouldn't bring in a striker because we've lost Maguire to injury and we need cover for a month We should bring in a striker because he is better than what we have and can operate in the system we have chosen to play.

MM needs to place a temporary ban on any signings that aren't proven first team players at this level or above.

At least until we stabilise.

Taylor - Proven at Championship

Mattock - Proven at championship

Gardener - Proven at Championship

Kirkland - Proven at Championship and above

Maguire - Proven at championship with Portsmouth

Bothroyd - Proven at Championship and above

McCabe, Corry, Mayor were all signed for the development squad Jones stated this when signing them, they've just excelled moer than he anticipated

So that leaves Rodri(signed from Barca) Lee(player of the year 2 years on the trot at Oldham) Pecnik (unproven) Antonio (our best player) Barkley (future international)

I don't think you can say on the outset he's gone for unproven players, ok they haven't performed but we were all quite happy in the summer with these signings because they'd done it before at this level on the whole, the ones who weren't proven in general got the fans the most excited. The 3 for the development squad don't really come into it because he never intended them to be good enough this season, they just happen to have been better than he expected

Taylor- dropped after making elementary mistakes.

Mattock – dropped after poor performances.

Maguire – not played, injured and nearly loaned out.

Lee – one appearance only

Rodri – has fallen short after a promising debut – does not start much.

Pecnik – looks skillfull but can’t be trusted to defend when played in midfield, hence not started .

McCabe – has promise but doesn’t impose himself on the game enough – needs time.

Mayor – not really played that much.

Bothroyd – has talent but played out of position in current formation, one goal is a poor return.

Corry – has promise but will need time to develop – hope we have it

Barkley – good player but if team is built around him and he is a success he will be back at Everton in the new year.

Antonio – best signing but was spotted by GM.

Only Gardner and Kirkland have really lived up to expectations.

How can you make that assessment so early? How many times have you seen those players play? I bet some of them it’s zero, as they haven’t played much at all. However, this doesn’t make them bad players.

If you look at those listed, most of the permanent signings are in their early 20’s. They are still developing as players and we SHOULD NOT write them off. We cannot afford to go out and spend millions on the finished article, but what we have done, is try to invest in potential and nurture them a little. We need to move away from this short term, and short sighted, mentality and play the long game a bit.

Granted the loan signings and more experienced players haven’t worked out as planned, but again, lets not write them off just yet.

Lots on here keep saying stuff like ‘we need a twenty goal a season striker’. No sh!t Sherlock. Everyone wants one, or two for that matter, but only a few club can go out and get them. We have to gamble and take risks on young players in the hope they will become that 20 goal striker or that future world beater.

Lets stop slagging off young players, that we don’t yet know much about, and concentrate on giving them all the support we can. We have some really talented lads in the first team squad and the development squad looks to be shaping up nicely too. The future looks really bright in that respect.

To answer your question, yes I would trust DJ with money in Jan. Not that I believe he is likely to get a great deal to be honest. It will be more wheeling and dealing, with more experienced players coming in on loan. A lot will also depend on what happens in terms of players going out too.

Its a MASSIVE ask and perhaps naive to field pretty much a brand new team to compete in a competitive Championship league. Too many new players too soon. Initially it looked like we were building a good squad but we need time to gel together and work out what system works best.

it'll come!!

Edited by S26UTO

Guest Bedders

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey

#Fellaini to Belgian media: "I've seen everything with #EFC & in January or at end of the season, I will turn to a new club or new league".

Retweeted by Gordon Watson

Can he do a job for us?

lol lol lol lol

No i was referring to the impact it may have on their first team should he leave in January!

Didn't Everton lob in Rooney at a young age.....

Barkley anyone.......

Edited by Bedders

How can you make that assessment so early? How many times have you seen those players play? I bet some of them it’s zero, as they haven’t played much at all. However, this doesn’t make them bad players.

If you look at those listed, most of the permanent signings are in their early 20’s. They are still developing as players and we SHOULD NOT write them off. We cannot afford to go out and spend millions on the finished article, but what we have done, is try to invest in potential and nurture them a little. We need to move away from this short term, and short sighted, mentality and play the long game a bit.

Granted the loan signings and more experienced players haven’t worked out as planned, but again, lets not write them off just yet.

Lots on here keep saying stuff like ‘we need a twenty goal a season striker’. No sh!t Sherlock. Everyone wants one, or two for that matter, but only a few club can go out and get them. We have to gamble and take risks on young players in the hope they will become that 20 goal striker or that future world beater.

Lets stop slagging off young players, that we don’t yet know much about, and concentrate on giving them all the support we can. We have some really talented lads in the first team squad and the development squad looks to be shaping up nicely too. The future looks really bright in that respect.

To answer your question, yes I would trust DJ with money in Jan. Not that I believe he is likely to get a great deal to be honest. It will be more wheeling and dealing, with more experienced players coming in on loan. A lot will also depend on what happens in terms of players going out too.

Is anyone writing them off? I think most people are disappointed that we haven't gone for more people who can help us immediately. It would appear our resources could have been used better, particularly in the signing of bothroyd, pecknik, rodri, macgiire and Taylor. I still think Taylor will be ok. Bothroyd and Rodri will get sent back without helping our club.

Is anyone writing them off? I think most people are disappointed that we haven't gone for more people who can help us immediately. It would appear our resources could have been used better, particularly in the signing of bothroyd, pecknik, rodri, macgiire and Taylor. I still think Taylor will be ok. Bothroyd and Rodri will get sent back without helping our club.

You ask the questions 'is anyone writing them off?' then seem to answer it by saying 'Bothroyd and Rodri will get sent back without helping our club'