The cost of relegation...

...different discussion point Neil. If you make mistakes, you deal with them.

The squad is crying out for an experienced, quality 'head' in midfield, a better left full-back and a striker...and we need to bring in a better coach. That has nothing to do with signings already made, which are evidently not shaping up.

If we don't and are relegated...the what if's and but if only's will be meaningless.

Edited by Freshfish

Just saying we bought virtually a new team in this summer and fans are wanting three more on the wage bill and another coach

...we didn't actually. We bought lots of 'Development' squad players. We have players on loan. We don't have the experience and quality we need in those three positions.

Changes are clearly needed because some of the players DJ has brought in he won't use or doesn't trust. But he's also maxed the budget!

My point exactly Bluesteel. But is extending the budget preferable to relegation? And when do the club realise that needs to happen...or will they decide too late? January is a long way away...

Guest Bedders

We have already signed shedloads of players this season

Too many according to some fans on here

......poor recruitment end of!!!

Just saying we bought virtually a new team in this summer and fans are wanting three more on the wage bill and another coach

Because the jury is still out on the recruitment in the summer!!! Rodri, Bothroyd, Maguire, Mattock, Pecnic either haven't stepped up to the plate, fitted the system or just looked good enough!

To use a tree analogy....... we need saplings for acorn money

Edited by Bedders

didn't need to buy half the football league in the summer needed 3or4 quality players in key positions ,if we had saved money on the influx of the average players wages we could have bought the quality ,done the right way we would not have been in this position ,

......poor recruitment end of!!!

Because the jury is still out on the recruitment in the summer!!! Rodri, Bothroyd, Maguire, Mattock, Pecnic either haven't stepped up to the plate, fitted the system or just looked good enough!

agree to an extent that certain signings haven't lived up to expectations thats for sure ...

Absolutely, nobody can argue that our summer recruitment policy was flawed and Jones as the manager has to carry the can Yes we tried to do it on the cheap, but DJ knew the score and did we really need such a scattergun approach when a more targeted recruitment drive would perhaps have paid dividends. My point is, thats done with now, its where we go from here that counts. Rightly Milan has said we have a budget and we need to move players out before we can bring new ones in. There is plenty of scope to do that. Do I trust the manager to bring in the right players? Yes I think I do, though more importantly, does Milan, as its his money at the end of the day. If the manager can learn from his mistakes and can bring in genuine quality loans like we were able to do last year, then we will be alright