Worst period in Wednesday's history.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

Not necessarily the league position, we were worse off two years ago obviously.

But the fans.

It's pretty diabolical how everyone is reacting. I've just read the 'Ross Barkley' thread, and I think we have the biggest bunch of rumbleing fools for fans in the entire world.

Some fans fail to see the bigger picture. Just because a player isn't beating players all the time, whipping crosses into the box or scoring poo poo loads doesn't mean they should be 'sacked off'. They have plenty of other aspects to their game that adds to our team.

For the past three (maybe four) games before Middlesbrough and Blackpool, our defence has looked rumbleing solid. We'd conceded less than 2 goals in each of the games - something we've struggled with all season.

Last night was just an off-day for the defence. Lewis Buxton is good enough, so is Llera, so is Gardner and so is Daniel Jones. If they weren't they wouldn't be at Sheffield Wednesday never mind playing.

The reason we lost last night was down to poor defending and poor finishing. We weren't THAT bad. It beggars belief the reaction on here at times.

Just stop being so rumbleing blinkered and see that this is a bad spell. It doesn't mean we are going down. It doesn't mean we won't win a game again this season. We're playing some very good teams at the moment, teams I and many others expect to be at the top of the table come May.

Owlstalk needs some sanity.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Here, here.

In the times of social media, forums, computer simulation games and 24/7 football news there are so many inexperienced, uneducated and tactless football experts.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Whilst im spending hundreds of pounds on tickets and travel, i will feel free to think and say as i please.

If that means being thoroughly peed Off after two wins in thirteen then so be it. A third of a season isnt a spell.

Edited by Salli

So you're satisfied with our tatics / formation / attitude of certain players / managers excuses ?

It's not great the results at the minute but I trust DJ to sort out this period of transition.

As for Barkley he was the 'Don one' only last week.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Whilst im spending hundreds of pounds on tickets and travel, i will feel free to think and say as i please.

If that means being thoroughly peed Off after two wins in thirteen then so be it.

Don't you think hundreds of other people are doing the same?

I spend several hundred pounds on a season ticket every year so that surely grants me the power to moan too.

And that's fine. Moan if you like. It's not doing the team or club any good. People like you make other teams see just how messed up Sheffield Wednesday's fans are.

I wonder how many fans Ipswich have going off like us. Or Charlton.

Don't you think hundreds of other people are doing the same?

I spend several hundred pounds on a season ticket every year so that surely grants me the power to moan too.

And that's fine. Moan if you like. It's not doing the team or club any good. People like you make other teams see just how messed up Sheffield Wednesday's fans are.

I wonder how many fans Ipswich have going off like us. Or Charlton.

sorry sheffield wednesday, i didnt mean it really.

x

Guest JonTheOwl66

sorry sheffield wednesday, i didnt mean it really.

x

Typical response.

Just goes to prove that I'm absolutely right when somebody can only argue for one post before resorting to underhand, sarcastic comments.

lol

I really should do something else with my time because this forum is full of rumbleing loonies.

The majority of Wednesday fans are patient, frustrated, but still supporting the team

There are however a few (bet its no more than 30/40) who are online being totally classless and acting like a blade would against our players and screaming louder than anyone else about how poo poo it is that we are not top of the league etc

Everyone should stay classy San Diego

Owlstalk Shop

Typical response.

Just goes to prove that I'm absolutely right when somebody can only argue for one post before resorting to underhand, sarcastic comments.

Ive noticed more this season that genuine debate is now being stifled on here by people who immediately resort to making conversations personal, and about the poster rather than the topic

Am just talking to moderators about this and we are going to work hard to eradicate that by deleting those posts, warning and banning members who just want a personal argument instead of a debate about the topic in question

Owlstalk Shop

Typical response.

lol

I really should do something else with my time because this forum is full of rumbleing loonies.

diddums.

yes others spend similar amounts and more so they are also entitled to voice their opinion. Nobody is sending death threats to the playing staff for ffs, merely having a moan and a discussion on an internet message board.

The internet. Its serious.

if players dont want to read anything negative then they probably should avoid places like this when hovering around the relegation zone. Not rocket science is it.

diddums.

yes others spend similar amounts and more so they are also entitled to voice their opinion. Nobody is sending death threats to the playing staff for ffs, merely having a moan and a discussion on an internet message board.

if players dont want to read anything negative then they probably should avoid places like this when hovering around the relegation zone. Not rocket science is it.

The Internet is serious if used in the wrong way.

Whilst you make some valid points - this is definitely not the worst period in terms of the fans.

We've been through worse with our fanbase - the big divide during the wednesdayite/black balloon days for one. The difference today is that every feckin tom wee pipe and loony vent absolute b0llox and attack players on twitter and the like so you hear more about it.

I despair at some of the garbage I read on twitter etc.

Its sad times I'll say that - but I predicted this would be an issue this season.

Guest totemowl

diddums.

Carry on. Moaning. About anything. It might get better or worse but at the end of the day you'll have what you want. Something to moan at. Money well spent.

Carry on. Moaning. About anything. It might get better or worse but at the end of the day you'll have what you want. Something to moan at. Money well spent.

what does that even mean? Ive not once called for jones to be sacked and ive not once booed the team.

but i wont pretend everything is rosy either incase some of the players have access to the web. Repeating that 'we wont go down' after every defeat might make some on here feel better but i dont swallow it.