Worst period in Wednesday's history.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I am enjoying going to every game I can which I have for donkey years

The opposition and stadiums are far removed from the lower leagues

We have joined bigger clubs with bigger budgets and better players

We are rebuilding we just have to stay in this league which I am sure we will

Life of any football fan has its ups and downs

But for SWFC we are on the up long term, the club is being rebuilt from top to bottom

enjoy the ride and appreciate that its good to see us play better opposition

I still beleive our "true fans" are second to none, the legacy of this period will eventually reap rewards.

History I am convinced will prove that.

Wade through the posts here http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/ and you'll see Ipswich have plenty of fans just as disgruntled as us, and apparently even less capable of having a discussion as opposed to creating new threads all the time.

pretty much. But lets slate our fanbase for being worried anyway.

Edited by Salli

Guest totemowl

what does that even mean? Ive not once called for jones to be sacked and ive not once booed the team.

but i wont pretend everything is rosy either incase some of the players have access to the web. Repeating that 'we wont go down' after every defeat might make some on here feel better but i dont swallow it.

You rolled out the stock reply for why you should, and fans, should moan. That's what I was replying to.

No one is pretending things are rosy and there's no harm in recognising that fact. But the amount of moaning and vitriol in the stadium and on this forum goes way over the top. It's like an epidemic, an epidemic of negativity.

As a set of supporters we used to stick together and support the team. Now we too easily abuse them, undermine them, have a go at them, when they least need it.

The chairman wont allow that to happen

i agree but what do you mean? If you mean dj will go then i believe youre correct but that would be reactionary and disruptive to the building job should you believe some on here.

Or do you think milan will allow more movement in january? I suspect that he would be hesitant to do this after allowing irvine to do this a couple of years back.

i agree but what do you mean? If you mean dj will go then i believe youre correct but that would be reactionary and disruptive to the building job should you believe some on here.

Or do you think milan will allow more movement in january? I suspect that he would be hesitant to do this after allowing irvine to do this a couple of years back.

Who knows. But i guess whatever it takes he will do it, A pure guess in January he will give Dj more dosh, as when he gave it Irvine we were in league 1

MM wont want his stock to lose value long term.

Edited by Big Jack

Personally I dont think the fan base has changed much at all, I have gone to most home matches on a coach for the last 20 years or so and during every bad run the same gobshites ( if they go ) are always the first to want a manager sacking, players dropping or tactics changing. This invariably leads to heated exchanges between people on the coach, which usually ends with a chorus of "if you dont flipping like it, dont come " or " why dont you just flip off to the lane next week".

The difference with this site or the social media is that you are a faceless opinion, who is not likely to get a smack in the gob for spouting vitriol or personal abuse, Im afraid its just a sign of the times.

As a regular for 45 years I regard the present times as Big Jack said, a rebuilding process, one we should embrace, and look forward to the outcome, rather than pick holes in it every game, I know it is now a more results based game but I wish we could return to the days when a team was judged on how it had faired over the full season.

Guest JonTheOwl66

You rolled out the stock reply for why you should, and fans, should moan. That's what I was replying to.

No one is pretending things are rosy and there's no harm in recognising that fact. But the amount of moaning and vitriol in the stadium and on this forum goes way over the top. It's like an epidemic, an epidemic of negativity.

As a set of supporters we used to stick together and support the team. Now we too easily abuse them, undermine them, have a go at them, when they least need it.

Precisely.