Naivety over Antonio

He can do the hard bit and then sometimes lacks the composure. But he is still one of, if not our only constant threat at the moment. He's young and has all the attributes so hopefully he will develop.

Even Brunt and Whelan were inconsistent and were criticised a lot, look where they went on to.

I just don't think we can consider him our biggest threat when he scores one goal gets an assist and all he does other than that is loose the ball. He is not our only outlet, we think he is and therefore we are playing that way and only trying to use him. He is our only outlet because we are playing him, play someone else and he is no longer our only outlet.

Put JJ and Rodri in the side with one of the big men. JJ can do Antonios job but for me is more intelligent does more for the team and has more end product. I feel Rodri has the quality to just touch it away from a defender and put a good ball in. I feel he can link up well with Bothroyd.

I literally don't consider him a threat. He's irrelivent, He doesnt affect the game. He looks like he does cos he looks like he's giving the defenders a tough time. In actual fact they are finding him incredibly easy to deal with.

I would love to know how someone makes the defenders look like they are having a tough time when they aren't?

Wrong - he was our only threat last night and will get better and better after a season in the Championship, he is one of the few players we have that other teams are worried about playing against - he does need to improve his finishing, but really there should be a couple of strikers in the box for him to get the ball to.

Everyone loves the idea of a 'rough diamond' and taking a player with potential and making them better, but our fickle lot don't seem to have the backbone for it.

He's got a lot to give and a lot to learn. Puts himself in some great situations, and if/when the rest comes he'll be a hell of player

I just don't think we can consider him our biggest threat when he scores one goal gets an assist and all he does other than that is loose the ball. He is not our only outlet, we think he is and therefore we are playing that way and only trying to use him. He is our only outlet because we are playing him, play someone else and he is no longer our only outlet.

Put JJ and Rodri in the side with one of the big men. JJ can do Antonios job but for me is more intelligent does more for the team and has more end product. I feel Rodri has the quality to just touch it away from a defender and put a good ball in. I feel he can link up well with Bothroyd.

I'd like to see more of Danny Mayor as he is quick and supposedly has a decent delivery. The reasons you give for not wanting Antonio in the side are just as applicable for JJ, at least Antonio is someone we can hopefully develop.

Rodri is an intelligent player, but I wouldnt replace pace and power from Antonio with Rodri as he's too slow and we are slow enough as it is. If Rodri was to get a go out wide as a more creative winger then I'd consider giving him a go over Bothroyd.

Everyone loves the idea of a 'rough diamond' and taking a player with potential and making them better, but our fickle lot don't seem to have the backbone for it.

He's got a lot to give and a lot to learn. Puts himself in some great situations, and if/when the rest comes he'll be a hell of player

You could apply the same post to Chris Brunt too. He was criticised weekly, but he eventually developed into a quality winger.

Mate I don't know if we're watching the same player. He beat a man twice last night. I counted. It was twice. Two times. One time and then another time after that. No more times.

I'd suggest you have a mathematical disabilty.

Within the first 5 minutes he'd skinned the full back and pulled a cross through the 6 yard box, then minutes later he beat the centre half and keeper.

He was the only threat last night, just a shame his finishing was way off.

Could have easily had a brace.

I'd like to see more of Danny Mayor as he is quick and supposedly has a decent delivery. The reasons you give for not wanting Antonio in the side are just as applicable for JJ, at least Antonio is someone we can hopefully develop.

Rodri is an intelligent player, but I wouldnt replace pace and power from Antonio with Rodri as he's too slow and we are slow enough as it is. If Rodri was to get a go out wide as a more creative winger then I'd consider giving him a go over Bothroyd.

Rodri and COG showed some promise together, but then we reverted to 4-1-4-1 and there isnt any room for another striker, unless hes able to cope playing out wide. which would appear to be a waste of Rodri's talents.

Whatever combo DJ comes up with, hes GOT to be more attack minded than we currently are.

I am the only one who isn't being completely totally and fully, unjustifiably naive over Antonio.

The boy was dangerous in League 1 due to strength and pace, but hasn't got the brains at this level. He can't beat a man. Every week I hear Dave Jones come on Radio Sheffield and talk about how Antonio was our main danger, he got into some good positions, he gave the defenders a bit of hassle.

The lad does NOTHING. He beats his man 1 in 5 times at this level and has zero end product. His decision making is beyond a joke.

I know everyone thinks he's been our best player or whatever, but all I can say, whether you believe me or not, is you're wrong.

what is it they say on here, shakes head in disbelief, face/palm or something ?

scored at palace, burnley (got us a point) and ipswich

crossed for lleras winner last sat - cant be bothered to run through rest of goals so far to see where he played any apart

how many pens 'might' we have had through him

no Antonio at moment means no attacking threat and we may as well all pack up !!!

take it your middle name begins with 'C' ? Christopher, Clive ?

He's the only attacking outlet we've got in my opinion. Could do with more composure in front of goal, but he's a young kid learning the game.He's not going to be outstanding every game without him though we wouldn't have any attacking outlet in my opinion.

Guest Big Guns

I am the only one who isn't being completely totally and fully, unjustifiably naive over Antonio.

The boy was dangerous in League 1 due to strength and pace, but hasn't got the brains at this level. He can't beat a man. Every week I hear Dave Jones come on Radio Sheffield and talk about how Antonio was our main danger, he got into some good positions, he gave the defenders a bit of hassle.

The lad does NOTHING. He beats his man 1 in 5 times at this level and has zero end product. His decision making is beyond a joke.

I know everyone thinks he's been our best player or whatever, but all I can say, whether you believe me or not, is you're wrong.

Your wrong trust me...

Guest RAMPANT OTTER83

His finishing might not be 100% as yet, but if it was reading wouldn't have sold him to us! He would be playing in the premier league!

Give the lad time ffs

I just can't agree with you, The amount of chances he gets he was bound to score eventually, its simply the law of averages. The same with the cross, the amount of crosses he tries, the law of averages states that eventually one is going to be a good one. Is that enough? I don't think so.

I keep posting things on this site and keep getting slated, but eventually you all seem to learn and start posting about the same things. I'm sure over the time the same will happen here.

He looks like he's causing trouble cos hes fast and he is active and he runs around a lot. In actual fact the defenders just give him a yard and nick the ball off him.

iv re-read these a few times to see if im missing something, i can only assume you have Antonio mixed up with Julian Bennett or something. In which case dont worry, he and RockaOwl have been shipped out to Shrewsbury i think.