Why the meltdown? Bloody drama queens.

Losing the will to win and not competing or pressuring if it doesn't go right after the first 15 you mean....

Sorry but don't but I won't have it.

That's football.

When one team gets on top, the other team looks poorer in comparison.

If it were the other way round we would have probably won.

I don't know what you are expecting? We are not in L1 anymore.

we were playing a team with a budget that dwarfs our own.

ex prem.

Quality players. That's what i'm driving at.

A team who had previously won 1 in 8........managerless. Who completely outclassed us. If that doesnt worry you then i applaud your fortitude.

A team who had previously won 1 in 8........managerless. Who completely outclassed us. If that doesnt worry you then i applaud your fortitude.

it doesn't.

They were due a win. They are a top 6 team. One of the best i have seen this season- if not the best.

quality players or not beholder we should at least have given them a game, a lot of accounts on here say that we stood off to much if so that is the wrong way to go about it , you have to be in their faces be first to every ball if you can ,and stop them playing , it works if you do it right , ok you won't win every ball but the pressure counts and forces mistakes in the oposition ,it's called rising to the game , can we not do this ,if not why ,thats what the manager should be asking , we should be forcing the issue especially at home , should we not ,

quality players or not beholder we should at least have given them a game, a lot of accounts on here say that we stood off to much if so that is the wrong way to go about it , you have to be in their faces be first to every ball if you can ,and stop them playing , it works if you do it right , ok you won't win every ball but the pressure counts and forces mistakes in the oposition ,it's called rising to the game , can we not do this ,if not why ,thats what the manager should be asking , we should be forcing the issue especially at home , should we not ,

Yes but they were good. When the game got into it's rhythm after the initial spells (that we dominated) it was plain to see.

I am not concerned that we were beaten by a superior team.

I am not expecting 2 players to boss our 3 man midfield for 70 minutes at home against a side with a poor away record, who had conceded 4 72 hours ago, who have no manager and had won 1 in 8.

Doesn't matter what league you are in - you compete to get back on top. - thats football as I know it.

No point in turning up otherwise.

righto.

You have got very high expectations.

Well, prepare for alot more disappointment then. It's not gonna be an easy season.

But that is not a reason to go into meltdown and demand sackings. We need to be patient.

In that case, enjoy your lack of concern at where the next points are coming from over the next three games....

I am just being realistic.

Like others have said, it is becoming clear we are a bottom half side.

On that basis, picking up wins against the top teams is wishful thinking..

Just remember last time we were in this league. It is a very hard league.

Jones stuck with a winning team and formation. it didn't work.

I expect that next game it will change.

Regarding concern, if we had just got beat and outplayed by bristol city then I would be. But it was a very good team, i don't care what their recent record is.

That says more about the playing staff than anything else tbf.

I find it hard to accept 37% of possession at home. Yes, Blackpool are a better team but they are no world beaters, before tonight they had won 1 in 8 and were 3 points ahead of us.

We were completely outclassed never at the races and they never got out of 1st gear.

You went then? Cos you sound like you've got your info from the bbc website. No way we only had 33% possession. Your post- what a load of reactionary bullshit. Admittedly they bossed much of the first half, but we were the better team in the second. We could easily have got a draw. Blackpool may have been on a bad run, but they played very well tonight. We defended well, passed the ball around well, got into some great positions, should have been given another blatant penalty, and were let down by our crossing and finishing. But in no way were we "completely outclassed" or "never at the races"

We were nowhere near as bad as the crowd / owlstalk reaction was. The kop was almost cringeworthy tonight! Booing a 2-0 defeat to one of the best teams in the league? A team still receiving parachute payments? Really?

If anything tonight just shows the difference in class across the whole team. We have 1 or 2 individuals that stand out but otherwise we need to realise our limitations and stop expecting Daniel Jones and Buxton to bomb forward without concequences.

I agree, we do have some average players for this level and some good ones. It's not nice when we lose but we could've been level with them had we stuck a chance away and then the game changes. As much as I'd like us to pull clear of relegation I think it's going to probably going to haunt us for a good while yet and we all need to roll our sleeves up. Fans can help by dropping the over reactions

Jones stuck with a winning team and formation. it didn't work.

I expect that next game it will change.

Regarding concern, if we had just got beat and outplayed by bristol city then I would be. But it was a very good team, i don't care what their recent record is.

We should just accept we are a bottom 6 team(which atm we are) and not expect to even compete with anyone above us in the league?

You keep suggesting Blackpool were brilliant, i'd argue that they didnt look that great and we made them look a damn sight better by not even competing. We did the exact same against Hull. We gave them the ball back through bad distribution all night. We set up poor tactics and some players didnt compete at all.

I dont expect miracles and didnt expect to beat Blackpool but i expect us to have a go, put in a performance and seeing more of the ball.

They weren't brilliant, they were better but we allowed them to win at a canter..

Guest Leeswfc3
lol so if we play ok...then that's alright then?? for me it's more about the results....moving up the table etc..am i on my own here? a lot of people seem to think if we don't lose...it's like a win ffs

The consensus on Owlstalk (obviously I appreciate that the details will vary from person to person) in recent weeks was firstly that Jones needed to be dismissed, then that two victories had really kick-started us and we could look forward a little more optimistically and now one defeat has us demanding his sacking again.

And I'm expected to treat this reactionary petulance seriously?

As I said at the time, all this 'win the next two games to save your job' nonsense was just that. Nonsense. Ninety minutes of football later we're right back where we were a fortnight ago. Some people want their sacrificial lamb and won't rest until they have it. Now if there was a Ron Atkinson like Messiah waiting in the wings to rescue us from Jones' supposed incompetence I'd be much more supportive of a potential change. But I see no such figure. Some of the names touted as prospective replacements chill the blood quite frankly.

It may have come as something of a surprise, but the truth is that we are not all that good at the moment. But it's a long season and there are plenty of other mediocre teams struggling down there with us. We have to face the reality of our position and stop behaving like drama queens, depending on fantasies of vastly improved form that will miraculously, yet somehow inevitably arrive by appointing Owen Coyle, Paul Ince or Karl Robinson.

Edited by DJMortimer

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

We are not playing well at the minute.

I'm usually 100% behind Jones, but even I'm beginning to wonder. We need more going forward in my opinion. Technically Blackpool looked head and shoulders above us when in possession (Barkley aside).

As for the drama queens, most of them are trolls, whilst those that are Wednesday are made up of Megson-ites (who are just waiting for Jones to fail) as well as pessimists.