Daniel Jones

Plenty of talk about Gardner, Llera, Semedo etc. (and rightly so) - but where is the praise for this kid?

Couldn't stand the kid for the past 2 seasons but in the last few games he's been outstanding. Defensively very solid indeed blocking crosses and taking the wingers out of the game but also, been an attacking threat getting forward whenever possible.

Seriously change my opinion of him recently, think he's been top drawer - slotted into the defence brilliantly

Wouldn't say I always have because he's had some poor performances in the past, but you have to judge a player under the management they're playing under and since his namesake has been in charge he's barely put a foot wrong.

He was the best player on the pitch at Bristol City under Irvine (in the Cup).

By a country mile.

The lad has raw talent - just needs nurturing IMO.

He was the best player on the pitch at Bristol City under Irvine (in the Cup).

By a country mile.

The lad has raw talent - just needs nurturing IMO.

Don't think singling out a cup game under our previous, previous regime says a lot about his past but yes - he has talent and it seems it's being realised now

If Dan Jones wasn't the absolute definition of spice boy and looked like a boring Jonny Evans type, he'd get half as much stick.

Was very steady yesterday, did his job well and for a back up mid-table Championship full back, you can't ask for too much more.

I think he played okay in the first half offering balls into the box but there were some points yesterday where he still takes too many touches and should of got rid or didn't close their right winger quick enough. His pace is a clear advantage though and he reminds me if Tommy Spurr on some occasions.

Poor player and was as poor as ever today. Decision making is shocking and so one footed it isn't true. Saw him at bristol City and yes he was good that day and I'm one who has always wanted to see him demonstrate his potential...he just never does.

Guest YO10OWL

Cannot head the ball, cannot tackle, cannot pass it properly, nor does he have any positional sense. Plays like a little bit of wee comes out every time he gets the ball. Sometimes shows he's a footballer for a living when he's in the opposition 3rd. In summary, the worst full back Ive seen this season aside from Mattock at right back.

As you can probably tell, don't rate him.

Cannot head the ball, cannot tackle, cannot pass it properly, nor does he have any positional sense. Plays like a little bit of wee comes out every time he gets the ball. Sometimes shows he's a footballer for a living when he's in the opposition 3rd. In summary, the worst full back Ive seen this season aside from Mattock at right back.

As you can probably tell, don't rate him.

but other than that, is he our best left back???