Beevers staying at Millwall until January

Guest utOwlz

We have three centre backs at the club. We can only play two at once. Other will be on the bench. If Beevers was still here, he would be kicking around in the reserves, instead he is out there getting games under his belt. If one of our three centre backs get injured, he will be back here in a flash.

Why on Earth some people are getting worried we don't have four centre backs here is beyond me. The three we have are in the squad, and if needs be (injury/suspension) we can recall our fourth one at 24 hours notice.

I'd rather our spare players be out getting competitive game time than just sat wasting away playing with the u-21s.

Have you voiced your concerns to Dave Jones? he's only been part of the professional game for about thirty five years, and is a fairly successful manager. I'm sure he'd benefit from your experience, and knowledge of the game.

yup 35 years in the game and he signs mattock and taylor, think he could do with some advice about defenders. If taylor or mattocks are better defenders than beevers i will bare my arse in burtons window

Guest swfc 4 lyfe

yup 35 years in the game and he signs mattock and taylor, think he could do with some advice about defenders. If taylor or mattocks are better defenders than beevers i will bare my arse in burtons window

Mattocks lol

Happen to know one of the managers at Burton's, says he can fit you in next Tuesday if you are up for it!

Guest RocketOwl

One thing I will say about Taylor is that he has played most of his career at this level or above and I would say he is an improvement on Rob Jones. Beevers played brilliantly at home to Brum in his natural position. Then he is moved to left back and that is when he starts making mistakes and the armchair mob get on his back. Feel sorry for beevers.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

They've done well in recent games but still conceded 6 goals in 4 games, thankfully for them they've had an inform Chris Wood to make the goals conceded column look a little redundant.

They play Forest tomorrow, should they lose and we win we move a point behind em, hardly panic stations.

Until recently, Buxton, Reda Johnson and Mattock were all unavailable through injuries. This meant having to play Jermaine Johnson, one of our few creative (sometimes) players at right back for a couple of games. That's why you need four first choice centre backs available most of the time. We've got pretensions of playing in the Premier League. These notions of 'making do' with players out of position are more befitting Frickley Athletic or something.

Until recently, Buxton, Reda Johnson and Mattock were all unavailable through injuries. This meant having to play Jermaine Johnson, one of our few creative (sometimes) players at right back for a couple of games. That's why you need four first choice centre backs available most of the time. We've got pretensions of playing in the Premier League. These notions of 'making do' with players out of position are more befitting Frickley Athletic or something.

So to counter playing a player (JJ) out of position, we play another player (Beevers) out of position? Beevers is no full back - I'd rather him be out there playing games at centre back than continuing to mess his progress up playing at full back, which it clearly has been doing.

As for when we get to the Premier League, we will be in more of a position to have people just sat around 'in case', and our squad (and budget) would be suited accordingly. At the moment though, it makes more sense for young players like Beevers to be out playing games if they are not going to get them here, from a player development and financial point of view. He'll be back if we need him.

Being in a losing Wednesday side has been bad for him.

He has been unfortunate in that the periods he had had a chance have coincided with us being in total disarray.

He is not to blame for that but some fans put 2 and 2 together and make 5.

He is a quality defender.

I Have to agree with you, Mark Beevers is still early in his career and will make a good pro at this level, in my opinion of course.

Guest foreverSWFC

Beevers has no future with us, he needs to be playing regular football now and shipping him out on loan to a Championship rival shows to me he will be gone in January.

Shame, because i think he's a good defender and started this season well with us, it would have been nice to see someone through our academy hold down a regular spot here for years to come.

Guest Wilf Marshall

He's just not that good, but of course it's going to look dumb if we end up battling with Millwall against relegation. I don't think that will happen but maybe he should have been loaned to a League 1 club.

Guest silvergusy

Don't really agree with that to be honest.

He's had so many chances here and lost his place every time.

There's only so many times you can say "yeah but being paired at CB with (insert crap defender) made him look bad".

22 years old and you've written him off already?

Can be recalled in 24 hours, he gets game time and if needed we can recall a player who is playing week in week out and hopefully realising his potential.

Yeh awful deal for us this one.