Beevers staying at Millwall until January

Guest utOwlz

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/7956-exclusive-millwall-to-keep-owls-defender-until-january.html

MILLWALL have reached an agreement with Sheffield Wednesday to extend the loan of Mark Beevers until January, NewsAtDen understands.

The Lions have been in talks with the Owls all week about keeping the centre-back beyond the end of his initial 28-day spell and terms were thrashed out on Thursday afternoon.

Wednesday have the option of recalling the 22-year-old at 24 hours' notice.

Beevers was due to return to Hillsborough after Saturday's game against Nottingham Forest but manager Kenny Jackett recently confirmed he would speak to counterpart Dave Jones about an extension.

The former England U19 international has made four appearances for Millwall, scoring one goal, since moving to The Den at the start of October - and the Lions have been unbeaten since.

And Beevers will now remain in SE16 until after Christmas to provide cover for injured captain Paul Robinson, who could be at least five weeks away from a return to action.

Are we going to be bringing in any new centre backs on loan at least, or are we just going to be down to 3 centre backs while we help a team just above us in the league, i cant see the sense in this unless were replacing him.

Are they gunna sign him permanently in January

I hope so, otherwise whats the point in us loaning him out? what do we get from this? I can only think this is about money and us saving on wages, if it was just to get him some games then surely he would have come back after his month loan.

We should have 4 centre backs and we only have 3, and there all over 30. unless we are replacing him this isnt a good move on our part IMO.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I hope so, otherwise whats the point in us loaning him out? what do we get from this? I can only think this is about money and us saving on wages, if it was just to get him some games then surely he would have come back after his month loan.

We should have 4 centre backs and we only have 3, and there all over 30. unless we are replacing him this isnt a good move on our part IMO.

Lewis Buxton can cover at centre back if needs be.

Effectively we still have him as we can recall him at 24 hours notice depending on our defensive injuries

http://www.newsatden...il-january.html

MILLWALL have reached an agreement with Sheffield Wednesday to extend the loan of Mark Beevers until January, NewsAtDen understands.

The Lions have been in talks with the Owls all week about keeping the centre-back beyond the end of his initial 28-day spell and terms were thrashed out on Thursday afternoon.

Wednesday have the option of recalling the 22-year-old at 24 hours' notice.

Beevers was due to return to Hillsborough after Saturday's game against Nottingham Forest but manager Kenny Jackett recently confirmed he would speak to counterpart Dave Jones about an extension.

The former England U19 international has made four appearances for Millwall, scoring one goal, since moving to The Den at the start of October - and the Lions have been unbeaten since.

And Beevers will now remain in SE16 until after Christmas to provide cover for injured captain Paul Robinson, who could be at least five weeks away from a return to action.

Are we going to be bringing in any new centre backs on loan at least, or are we just going to be down to 3 centre backs while we help a team just above us in the league, i cant see the sense in this unless were replacing him.

Have you voiced your concerns to Dave Jones? he's only been part of the professional game for about thirty five years, and is a fairly successful manager. I'm sure he'd benefit from your experience, and knowledge of the game.

Beevers is very underrated by many Wednesday fans.

Don't really agree with that to be honest.

He's had so many chances here and lost his place every time.

There's only so many times you can say "yeah but being paired at CB with (insert crap defender) made him look bad".

Don't really agree with that to be honest.

He's had so many chances here and lost his place every time.

There's only so many times you can say "yeah but being paired at CB with (insert crap defender) made him look bad".

Being in a losing Wednesday side has been bad for him.

He has been unfortunate in that the periods he had had a chance have coincided with us being in total disarray.

He is not to blame for that but some fans put 2 and 2 together and make 5.

He is a quality defender.

I thought he looked good vs Millwall. Technically he is sound but he doesnt seem to command or take the game by the balls which you would expect for his stature. If he did that more than he would have everything in my opinion.

Not sure helping Millwall is in our interests though unless we are over budget.

So he's good enough for Millwall, but not us....but Millwall are above us in the league...and therefore as it stands are better than us at the moment.

Makes no sense to me.

He's proving he can play at this level and put in some decent performances, but we don't want a young defender who can develop into a club great (if he continues to develop, be supported and stays focused), we'd rather play a load of 30 something's at the back who we'll all want replacing in the next summer or two.

Baffled.

Guest Wilf Marshall

There is enough cover at centre back. Buxton plus 1 or 2 others like Semedo could play there if necessary.

What we have is better.

He might develop into a decent player at this level but he has had his chances.

I don't think he should be sold yet. Just keep loaning him out and so he has the chance to improve.

Let him play for Millwall. We won't be in a dog fight with them in my opinion.