Club Statement re: missile throwing and other crowd disturbances.

Everyone should be aware that current FA tariffs for Racist chanting is 4-8 week suspension.

We're not into 'Kicking it out' just banning it for a period of 8 weeks.

A waste of paper and ink if you ask me. We should not be into sanitising the game, I often have a good swear at the referee. We all know the lines that we should n't cross and it does n't need the club to point out where that line is... What next " we would like to remind our fans that grenades are not allowed in the ground"

The plonker who threw the threw the flare was stood next to my lad in the South stand but the scariest thing was a bloke wearing a Wednesday shirt with the name The Chop, printed on the back. Not only did he spend most of the match engaged in an angry stare out with the Leeds fans on the Lepp, complete with a variety of gestures, but on at least 3 occasions he 'took his shirt off to them' which must have scared the crap out of them. Chop, if you're reading this, you had the body of an Adonis in 1965. It is now 2012. Please under no circumstances should you inflict that terrible sight on any one ever again. Thank You.

I would just like to add that although I too am known as 'Chop' and am also a fat f u c k e r this was not me .

Edited by chop

Guest Bedders

I'm not condoning the action of idiots.....I like the standpoint of the club....... but I'd like to see the club ban idiots who incite people to get into a rage or temper in the first place through utter injustice......trouble is who'd referee the matches?

The Michael Brown karate kick on COG had me fuming!

Tv replays & mobile phones have a lot to answer for, as people at home can see replays & text mates or family at the match highlighting ref error. Trouble is it shouldn't be happening. They are now professional & there are 4 of them......... & they still are garbage!

Chelsea v Man U......well there you go! Refereeing disgrace.

Edited by Bedders

Its a fine line. The Turkey chants are out of order as was the Jimmy Saville chant, It should be pointed out that the Saville chant was sung by the majority of the away end whilst the Turkey chant was sung by a small minority and got booed down by a large portion of the North stand. I say its a fine line because would you classify the Warnock chant as acceptable? Personally I would as that kind of song as been sung at football grounds for over 40 years now and to a certain degree is part of the game, it also makes people smile. I don't think Warnock gets upset by this chant as he expects to hear it. Also if you decided to take action against people singing this particular song then half the Kop would be arrested. At the end of the day common sense has to prevail.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

I'm not condoning it and personally i would never join in but banning people for chanting brings up a whole grey area.

Every fan who chants about Munich or Hillsborough- Do we ban these? (Presumably yes)

What about the 'die die piggy die' song?

Songs aimed at other players/managers?

Where do you draw the line between what is acceptable chanting and what isn't?

For me the basic line is drawn at real life deaths. There are other occasions when you here something and think ffs thats sick !

The Jimmy one sung by Leeds

The shag who he wants sung by Blades fans

Like has been said by a few, common sense has to come into it at some point.

For the record throwing stuff on the pitch is FKN messed up. Someone's gonna lose an eye one day - This poo poo is bang out of order.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Something that has to be sorted before the end of this year. Leeds, Millwall and Cardiff all have their reputations and I wouldn't want the MASSIVE getting their own reputation for throwing things on the pitch.

Chelsea were at it big time yesterday, cups, bottles, coins

Chelsea were at it big time yesterday, cups, bottles, coins

Missed that match but seen the reports; looked like a nasty one. It's all exploded this season for football though... all the racism allegations, crowd trouble around the country and players misbehaving on and off the pitch. Hoping The Wednesday don't get caught in the updraft because we're better than that.

Guest Ratty-owl

If you ban the Warnocks a tugger chant you also have to ban the referee's a tugger chant which probably 80% of Wednesday fans sing????

There were a good few hundred singing about Istanbul... They gonna ban all them?

I'd let it go. They've already said in the statement that it the majority were Leeds fans so concentrate on banning them!

Agree...some will be kids getting caught up in then nonsense. That end need monitoring and breaking up. It happened 7 years ago and was dispersed but it's started up again..them high pitch alarm thingies that only kids,dogs and 40 plus year olds wearing Burberry can hear should do the trick?

Just to clarify my comments regarding the Istanbul chants YES I DO feel they should all be banned. Every last one of them. I am willing to accept that most chants are just part of football, but mocking the dead, in a way that would incite the fans no less, is completely unacceptable and I do not want to be in anyway associated with these scum bags.

I realise that this is probably an unpopular opinion, based upon other people's comments, but I would honestly give them a ban, at least for the rest of the season. And those who made stabbing jestures, I would assume they were making serious threats and ban them for life.