Club Statement re: missile throwing and other crowd disturbances.

No link as on phone:

Sheffield Wednesday supporters will be aware that there were several serious incidents at the club’s last home game against Leeds United, and whilst most media attention focused on the attack on Chris Kirkland, there were other events that occurred including flares thrown onto the pitch, throwing of other missiles, obscene and abusive chanting and vandalism of the stadium.

While the visiting supporters were largely culpable, it should be emphasised that a small minority of Sheffield Wednesday fans on the North and South Stands were also involved in these incidents and caused embarrassment for our club.

This is the third match this season that has seen reports of Wednesday fans throwing missiles at Hillsborough and this cannot and will not be allowed to continue.

In conjunction with the broadcast companies present on the night - together with the stadium CCTV footage and police assistance - the club has collated significant evidence which will lead to the identification of as many people as possible involved in these incidents.

Moving forward, the club will utilise additional cameras and instigate other measures within the stadium to specifically identify supporters that continue to throw items either onto the pitch or at other supporters or participate in unacceptable and obscene chanting.

In addition, Sheffield Wednesday will issue mandatory stadium bans to those supporters identified and the police are committed to prosecuting those offenders to the full extent of the law.

We would urge all genuine supporters to assist us in this process by reporting any incidents of anti social behaviour to the Stadium Control Room, by text on 07963 138580 or by telephone on 0871 9009721.

Sheffield Wednesday would like to send a clear message that missile throwing and other anti social behaviour will not be tolerated and we will work extremely hard with the police to ensure Hillsborough is a family friendly stadium that we can all be rightly proud of.

The plonker who threw the threw the flare was stood next to my lad in the South stand but the scariest thing was a bloke wearing a Wednesday shirt with the name The Chop, printed on the back. Not only did he spend most of the match engaged in an angry stare out with the Leeds fans on the Lepp, complete with a variety of gestures, but on at least 3 occasions he 'took his shirt off to them' which must have scared the crap out of them. Chop, if you're reading this, you had the body of an Adonis in 1965. It is now 2012. Please under no circumstances should you inflict that terrible sight on any one ever again. Thank You.

Smart move by the club. Hope they ban everyone who threw anything or chanted about Istanbul.

I'm not condoning it and personally i would never join in but banning people for chanting brings up a whole grey area.

Every fan who chants about Munich or Hillsborough- Do we ban these? (Presumably yes)

What about the 'die die piggy die' song?

Songs aimed at other players/managers?

Where do you draw the line between what is acceptable chanting and what isn't?

The plonker who threw the threw the flare was stood next to my lad in the South stand but the scariest thing was a bloke wearing a Wednesday shirt with the name The Chop, printed on the back. Not only did he spend most of the match engaged in an angry stare out with the Leeds fans on the Lepp, complete with a variety of gestures, but on at least 3 occasions he 'took his shirt off to them' which must have scared the crap out of them. Chop, if you're reading this, you had the body of an Adonis in 1965. It is now 2012. Please under no circumstances should you inflict that terrible sight on any one ever again. Thank You.

Do you really want a job working for syp as an informant

I'm not condoning it and personally i would never join in but banning people for chanting brings up a whole grey area.

Every fan who chants about Munich or Hillsborough- Do we ban these? (Presumably yes)

You should not need to ask. Any right minded fan knows where the line is.

With a bit of momentum this could snow ball and clean up the game.We can but hope.

Guest Sailmaker

All Wednesday fans identified as throwing missiles should be prosecuted; all those identified as taking part in highly obscene chanting, reprimanded; and all Leeds supporting MPs quoted as saying, “that stand where the Sheffield Wednesday fans were rioting should also be shut for a match,” should be banned from home sections of the stadium.

Lets hope they don't include "Warnocks a Wa**er" in the offensive chanting category or Hillsborough will be empty for a while lol

Warnock has made the 'w@nker' chant out to be a whole lot worse than it is. He expects it when he comes to Hillsborough, as does every other person associated with the pigs.

It pissed me off when he tried to compare the chant aimed at him from us to the one aimed at DJ by the scum in the Lepp. DJ should not expect that where ever he goes. Chanting about paedophilia is not part and parcel of the game.

Warnock has made the 'w@nker' chant out to be a whole lot worse than it is. He expects it when he comes to Hillsborough, as does every other person associated with the pigs.

It pissed me off when he tried to compare the chant aimed at him from us to the one aimed at DJ by the scum in the Lepp. DJ should not expect that where ever he goes. Chanting about paedophilia is not part and parcel of the game.

I thought pretty much the same. I was even more surprised due to the fact he's often said that he not only expects the abuse but doesn't mind it and actually thrives on it