Quote from the Ipswich fans forum

'All credit to Sheffield Wednesday's sizeable support. Many will point to the fact they were ahead from 45 seconds in, but even taking that into consideration they arrived strong in number and in fantastic voice.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well said pal.

Here's another one;

'I haven't been to an away game in two years, so apologies if my opinions upset anyone. I was just MASSIVEly impressed at both the number of supporters Wednesday brang and how loud they were, have we taken 1.5k away fans to any games up north this season? '

I like the MASSIVEly....

Edited by TaxiMark

Here's another one;

'I haven't been to an away game in two years, so apologies if my opinions upset anyone. I was just MASSIVEly impressed at both the number of supporters Wednesday brang and how loud they were, have we taken 1.5k away fans to any games up north this season? '

*shudders at offensively bad use of the English language*

Only 1,500 to be fair. I thought we'd take 2,000 but I guess when you haven't won for 2 months a trip to Ipswich @£25-30 a pop loses attraction!

Good noise though.

Not bad considering the run we've been on. If we were top half we'd have took 2500

Not forgetting it was the 4th away game of the month.

Fantastic today

Even in the Staples carpark, on the way back to the train station, a couple were singing -

'He takes the p*ss, he takes the p***sss, Ross Barkley, he takes the p*ss'

That cracked me up lol

Scousers. Take bloody anything.

They were excellent.

It definite helped that we scored early but the fans were very supportive today and a great run through most of the Wednesday repertoire.

Yep. You could see how much the team appreciated it too. Top stuff

Ipswich fan on 606 commented on how loud and vocal we were.

Wolves was my first proper away game in ages and I was quite disappointed at how quiet we were.

Today was back to how i remebered it! Some awesome off the cuff stuff being sung aswell!

Didn't fancy that drive back after a "quiet" afternoon and without 3 points!

TBF I thought they could've come over and given us a bit love after the game.

I thought the same at the time. They seemed to disappear quite quickly. Good to see Bothroyd throwing his shirt in to the crowd though, and I think he's certainly answered his critics. Top player.

Edited by owls maniac