Anyone shed any light on this shirt

Guest taffowl71

Guest taffowl71

post-26580-0-28941100-1351192926_thumb.j

Found this online. Oldfootballshirts.com

The poster thinks its a prototype shirt for 86/87. Its posssible cus its the same colours.

It could be a training shirt but i can't recall training shirts around that time especially football shirt material ones.

What do you think

(ps....its not for sale im afraid)

Guest taffowl71

Most definately a prototype. Other teams like the pigs used the same template at the time for their away kits.

Yes you are right, utd had an away shirt mid-late 80's with similar shapes on the shoulder. yellow with red white shoulders i recall.

Its still interesting whatever it is, ugly or not??

Guest taffowl71

How much they want for it

As far as i can see its not actually for sale, its just an information site. I imagine it would sell for £100s on ebay. There is an home shirt 87/89 on at present at £149

Guest taffowl71

I had one. They completely disintegrated when ironed.

That one's survived for some reason.

You had one??........what was it then, a training shirt or prototype or what?

Guest taffowl71

You iron that material :O

Do you iron your socks and jocks?

used to iron everthing in the 80s mate wouldnt go out with any creases.

Guest thurnscoe

Yep there was a sports shop in the back streets of Blackpool that use to get all the kit samples that umbro made for clubs to pick from , that shirt is from when we choose the grey shirt with purple and white pin stripes on it with purple shorts,think the sponser was finlux

post-26580-0-28941100-1351192926_thumb.j

Found this online. Oldfootballshirts.com

The poster thinks its a prototype shirt for 86/87. Its posssible cus its the same colours.

It could be a training shirt but i can't recall training shirts around that time especially football shirt material ones.

What do you think

(ps....its not for sale im afraid)

The 1st shirt I ever owned was in the exact same colours but pin striped, strangely at the same angle with the grey/silver around the badge making up the main colour and the other colours making up the stripes. The purplish colour was the only colour on the shorts and socks. Might if been any time between 85 and 87???????

Yep there was a sports shop in the back streets of Blackpool that use to get all the kit samples that umbro made for clubs to pick from , that shirt is from when we choose the grey shirt with purple and white pin stripes on it with purple shorts,think the sponser was finlux

Didn't read past 1st couple of posts but yeah that sounds right