More racism claims for football....

Police are investigating claims of racist abuse against a Newcastle United player during the team's Premier League derby clash with Sunderland.

The alleged abuse was aimed at Senegalese striker Demba Ba by a Sunderland fan, according to a witness who told Sky Tyne and Wear about the remark.

It could allegedly be seen in footage broadcast on Sky Sports.

Sky Tyne and Wear passed the allegation to Northumbria Police.

A police spokesman said: "There was one report of racist language having been used by a supporter in one area of the stadium - enquiries into this report are ongoing."

Sunderland fans were also heard singing that they wished Newcastle defender Steven Taylor was dead during the 1-1 draw at the Stadium of Light on Sunday.

Taylor had been outspoken in the build-up about the rivalry between the two clubs.

Fifteen arrests were made in connection to the match, with six of them coming in a pre-planned police operation in the early morning before kick-off.

However, police said there were "very few" problems inside the stadium and praised the majority of spectators for their behaviour.

The racism allegation came amid an increasing focus on the issue in the Premier League after the FA found Chelsea and England defender John Terry guilty of using a racial remark against QPR's Anton Ferdinand.

Over the weekend, a number of players, including Ferdinand, refused to wear Kick It Out anti-racism t-shirts in protest at perceived weaknesses in punishing offenders.

Owlstalk Shop

You also see ingenuity and more start ups formed during recession. I'm going to start a website where you can name and shame football fans. Snap a pic on your phone and anonymously post up date, venue approx seat number and photo with description of wrong doing.

I always like how recession and austerity mean people have enough money to attend expensive premier league football matches and abuse players.

Stupid people will always do stupid things, like verbally or physically abusing people whilst dozens of high definition cameras film there every move.

You also see ingenuity and more start ups formed during recession. I'm going to start a website where you can name and shame football fans. Snap a pic on your phone and anonymously post up date, venue approx seat number and photo with description of wrong doing.

Hopefully you're joking.

If not, that would be a legal minefield. You'd also get mates of people sticking their mates pics on for a laugh.

Guest Nilsson_is_God

Me too

IMO its directly linked to recession and austerity

You generally see racism and hooliganism rise during tough economic times

Whys that??

Whys that??

Well the racism thing comes from tough times being interpreted (and manipulated) by the BNP/EDL type groups as being the fault of foreign people coming over here taking our jobs etc

You'll notice they're more apparent when times are tough - and their members who march tend to be linked to football hooligan groups also

Owlstalk Shop

Whilst I'm a big believer in the 'Name 'em and Shame 'em' theory, you have to be very careful in these days of 'uman rites. Look what happened last week to a Shopkeeper who caught a shoplifter red-handed,hung a sign round his neck and marched him to the lock-up. Who's the one who's ended up in court, found guilty of wrongful arrest, been fined and is now being taken to court by the thieving, lying toad for 'breech of 'uman rite'. BRING BACK THE CAT.

Just imagine the spectacle if these hooligans at football matches were given the cat in the centre circle at half-time.

Whilst I'm a big believer in the 'Name 'em and Shame 'em' theory, you have to be very careful in these days of 'uman rites. Look what happened last week to a Shopkeeper who caught a shoplifter red-handed,hung a sign round his neck and marched him to the lock-up. Who's the one who's ended up in court, found guilty of wrongful arrest, been fined and is now being taken to court by the thieving, lying toad for 'breech of 'uman rite'. BRING BACK THE CAT.

Just imagine the spectacle if these hooligans at football matches were given the cat in the centre circle at half-time.

They'd enjoy the attention. tails.

ALWAYS BEWARE OF REPEATING WHAT the sun HAS TOLD YOU TO THINK...