For those asking whether the police were filming the West Stand..

post-4683-0-42513600-1350848164_thumb.jp

Had a few questions along the lines of why the police were only filming the North Stand during the Leeds United game

This is unfair as the police were right in the middle of the West Stand upper issues filming the away fans

I'm assuming the videographer's job is just that - to simply film the activities of any hoolies to use as evidence in court should anything happen

As you can see bottom right the police were filming what was happening at things unfolded

Am posting this pic only to answer the question of why the police were only filming the North Stand when it's evident that's not true and in fact the Leeds Fans were being filmed also

Owlstalk Shop

I feel so much safer now i know i can have the sh17 kicked out of me but a few days later the bloke who did it might get arrested . Id hate to have a police force that protected the public rather than let them do whatever they want but film them and arrest them after they've behaved however they please .

Edited by cross owl

I feel so much safer now i know i can have the sh17 kicked out of me but a few days later the bloke why did it might get arrested . Id hate to have a police force that protected the public rather than let them do whatever they want but film them and arrest them after they've behaved however they please .

Policing over the years has evolved

Cops no longer wade into nightclubs and jump into fights and stop em.. instead they'll let it die down, turn up, then use the CCTV and witness accounts to prosecute.. safer

Owlstalk Shop

Cops no longer wade into nightclubs and jump into fights and stop em.. instead they'll let it die down, turn up, then use the CCTV and witness accounts to prosecute.. safer

so your quite happy for you and your nearest and dearest to be filmed getting injured and the perpetrators may get arrested a few days later just so people who are paid to keep us safe don't break a fingernail . Im sure people who have been severely injured while the police do nothing but film are so pleased that the police don't have to put themselves out .

Guest intercity0wl

Videoing is a police tactic that has been used since Victorian times.

yg4ed0fb8c.jpg

Scene Looks exacly the same as it does now, even down to the pepper spray in coppers hand.

so your quite happy for you and your nearest and dearest to be filmed getting injured and the perpetrators may get arrested a few days later just so people who are paid to keep us safe don't break a fingernail .

Hi mate

Just for clarity can you show me where I said Im happy with that?

Ta

Owlstalk Shop

Safer for who?? the police??

Yes

Silly me, I thought the police were there to protect people but it seems evolution has scuppered that.

I must say though.....our fans deserve high praise...that attack on Kirkland could have quite easily resulted in a mass attack on the Leeds 'fans'