A sense of perspective?

Guest ollyt

Sadly lacking from many people towards my beloved team at the minute.

If you look at our 5 game losing run (6 if you include SFC) then if they had been spread over the entire season most i suspect would not have been entirely unexpected.

BHAFC - were flying and a difficult place to go

CPFC - we have a poor record aganst them

HTFC - we probably expected to win

BWFC - just down from prem and expected to do well

WWFC - as per BWFC

so, get behind the team and stop whinging!

It is a good way to look at it, agreed, but there's no doubt the fans have picked up on the state of our defence at the moment, meaning that possibly some of these games we could have got a draw from (Hudds and Bolton especially).

Forwards wise - good. Midfield - good. Defensively - a lot to be desired. Two old centre backs, a left back out injured, a current left back who is having a bit of a mare, a right back injured and a right back who is young and unproven.

A philosophy for relegation, if ever I've seen one. A case can be made for most teams to beat us this season, but we can't accept that.

We haven't been good enough, and no amount of positivity can hide that. That said, perspective is important, and it's way too early to panic.

PS Another thread whinging about the whingers.

:ghoulguy:

Edited by Mr Farrell

Guest pops55

A philosophy for relegation, if ever I've seen one. A case can be made for most teams to beat us this season, but we can't accept that.

We haven't been good enough, and no amount of positivity can hide that. That said, perspective is important, and it's way too early to panic.

Well said Mr Farrell

I think the biggest problem is the reason why we're losing these games ...

Our defence has become the retirement home for crocked dinosaurs, resulting in us starting 0-2 every game.

With the captaincy change, many are worrying that stubborness could cost us relegation ... and DJ his job

Sadly lacking from many people towards my beloved team at the minute.

If you look at our 5 game losing run (6 if you include SFC) then if they had been spread over the entire season most i suspect would not have been entirely unexpected.

BHAFC - were flying and a difficult place to go

CPFC - we have a poor record aganst them

HTFC - we probably expected to win

BWFC - just down from prem and expected to do well

WWFC - as per BWFC

so, get behind the team and stop whinging!

You can do this for every game unfortunately! It is a difficult league and just because a team has just come down from the premiership doesn't mean we should just roll over and expect to be beat. Our next three matches are:

Hull City (Recently been in the Premiership)

Leeds (Local rivals with a very strong championship squad)

Blackburn (Recently been in the Premiership)

So using your theory we should be happy if we get no points again from the next three games.

There is a hell of a lot of moaning but we have a strong enough squad to beat any team in this league on our day so you can understand the frustration.

Not really putting things into perspective in my opinion.

some happy clappers get happy clappers a bad name...

Guest Briscoe Inferno

The other thing that we shouldn't forget is that we've had a f*cking AMAZING few months before this, yes?

Isn't that what Bob Diamond also tried to say to the Select Committee before he got found out?

Didn't get him off the hook either....

Guest MrsGoggins

We were flying had good team spirit after promotion and started well. then DJ decides he's changing most of the first team and we start losing game after game. He best sort it quick or MM will.

Yes, which is why equalising three times away is an achievement worth celebrating.

Not all 3-3s are equal - you only have to think of various Derby vs Wednesday games to prove that!

Tuesday was a great comeback. We have done well to come back into games all season. We have got back to "square one" with that result in that we can score but we cant defend. For the last few weeks we could do neither.

But we need to start defending and getting results, particularly at home.

Edited by Bluesteel