Absolute disgrace. Playing JJ at right back.

Know what u mean but to be fair their left winger was good and Antonio is not known for tracking back.

I thought jj was excellent to be honest.

Maybe antonio was thomas cooked with all the runs he made forward. If jj was disciplined enough to stay back, then dj surely must have said antonio if jj comes by you, you need to cover.

Its just communication. MA did loads of tracking back, end of last season. Huddersfield away springs to mind!

Maybe antonio was thomas cooked with all the runs he made forward. If jj was disciplined enough to stay back, then dj surely must have said antonio if jj comes by you, you need to cover.

Its just communication. MA did loads of tracking back, end of last season. Huddersfield away springs to mind!

Yeah, not saying he can't do it. Just don't know if he's disciplined to do it all time with someone like jj behind him who prob wants to get forward all time.

They'd be awesome if they could get it right.

I thought that JJ, bar the freekick which was harsh, was very good on Saturday.

One of the few good defensive displays from a player we've had this season.

I agree. Can't fault him. He gave the free kick away but was just one of those things. Was quick and strong in tackle. What impressed me most, which you could always say about jj, was that at times he looked quite composed. Knew when to try and take the ball on and when to play a pass. If I didn't know him and that was his debut at rb I would have been v impressed

Guest JC Saviour

as Kivo stated - best option we had available

terrible thread to start

It was the only option unless DJ went 352. By the way i think this thread is a disguise for a Beever bashing. Another player who as been thrust into a position which isn't his preferred choice ( left back) and we still have tvvats on here slating him. I can understand the Bothroyd knockers because 1. He isn' t a Wednesday player and 2, he's an idle get. Now lets get off the Wednesday players backs.

But he DID have a good game- apart from the stupid foul which lead to the free-kick, which in turn lead to the goal.

So what is the point of this thread??

The point is he is wasted there - he should be, regardless of how he played last match, the first player on the teamsheet in his proper attacking position. If we dont score goals we can't win games. And once again that was proved.

The point is he is wasted there - he should be, regardless of how he played last match, the first player on the teamsheet in his proper attacking position. If we dont score goals we can't win games. And once again that was proved.

Conceding goals has been our issue. Putting someone like Beevers or Llrea at right back is more of a risk than having JJ there.

If Mattock had got forward from left back at least once there would have been balance. Pecnik not a wide man. (some will say he is)

The left hand side had no shape because we were playing a big target man striker on the wing, can you imagine Jon Parkin or Andy Carroll being used as a left winger?

Mattock was dying for some help defensively, I mentioned before that at one point I actually heard him shout "What do you want me to do" he had no license to go bombing forward, because he was completely on his own down that left side.

But if we dont conceed we cant lose - which is more important at the moment.