Jones must stay!

Guest Jay_Denny123

Guest Jay_Denny123

Dave Jones has to stay, if we are to keep inside the top half of the league. Play-offs may be too far for the first season, but if anyone can get us there it will be Jones.

Thoughts?

Guest Jay_Denny123

he has a 3 year contract i see no reason why he shouldnt see thru to the end but then i thought that of megson and we all know what happened there .

Precisely, what i was thinking. Mandaric seems to hate the managers, and a lot of the 'fans' are calling for his head. Mental, and all the fans that want him out always seem to keep quiet on here....

Edited by Jay_Denny123

My thoughts are that there are parallels to be drawn between Jones and Megsons signings. For Klasnic and Uchechi read Taylor and Lee.

Don't get me wrong we have reason to be optimistic regarding some of our signings. But have we brought in too many future assetts when the side needed to balanced with a little experience. The experience that has been brought in is no better than what we have and as players like Llera, COG, Jones, Madine and JJ have had to take a back seat or move on, Our famed team spirit as been blown asunder.

I agree Jones must stay and imo will stay

Let's look at the alternatives

Who's out there without poaching from another club could do a better job

I would suggest no one of Dave Jones undoubted quality

If we did decide to go down this route what good would it do ?

There would be no scope to strengthen apart from borrowing a few players from clubs that aren't ours

We would be hamstrung with a squad of players the new manager doesn't necessarily want but is stuck with unroll at least Jan and then there's the problem of shipping them out etc

NAa all very messy

Let's stick with what we've got all pull in the same direction and things will turn out just fine

In Dave Jones I certainly trust

Guest Jay_Denny123

I agree Jones must stay and imo will stay

Let's look at the alternatives

Who's out there without poaching from another club could do a better job

I would suggest no one of Dave Jones undoubted quality

If we did decide to go down this route what good would it do ?

There would be no scope to strengthen apart from borrowing a few players from clubs that aren't ours

We would be hamstrung with a squad of players the new manager doesn't necessarily want but is stuck with unroll at least Jan and then there's the problem of shipping them out etc

NAa all very messy

Let's stick with what we've got all pull in the same direction and things will turn out just fine

In Dave Jones I certainly trust

Theres always Redknapp?

I don´t think people want him sacked per se , they are just totally baffled by the way he seems to have lost it since the Palace defeat. I think we would all like to see him get it right on Saturday and then keep it going til the end of the season and we can all hail him as the hero again.

But at the moment he looks shakey and that will always bring on doubters and speculation.

He has to stay to see through his vision of "building teams".

He has signed players for both now and the future(development squad).

These things dont happen over night, it takes time and even though im finding some of his desisions baffling at times im sure he will get it right.

A few players back from injury and a bit of luck and we can be up and running again.

Sacking manager after manager never works in the long run, it might provide a short term fix but after getting rid of Megson, Milan now has to stick with his man.

Guest Leeswfc3

I don't think he will get sacked ...yet. It would be very harsh to do it now.

But i' afraid if we don't pick up results, he will be gone soon.

I don't agree with it but...it's easier to get rid of a manager than a whole team. UTO