Jones must stay!

Guest Jay_Denny123

I'm looking at the teams we have played in this losing run, and how they are performing in this division, and to be honest it isn't really a disgrace that we haven't got anything from them.

I think there has been silly mistakes made, and some players are not performing well. Add to that the squad is still gelling and I think we have a completely different situation to the one that lost Megson his job.

I don't think he will get sacked ...yet. It would be very harsh to do it now.

But i' afraid if we don't pick up results, he will be gone soon.

I don't agree with it but...it's easier to get rid of a manager than a whole team. UTO

but it's just as difficult to bring a new manager in right now than sacking someone like DJ, because there are no suitable candidates out there that i can think of right now.

The number of lost football matches.

I would advocate that this is the ONLY sensible method for making such important decisions.

So, for the sake of argument let's say you decide six defeats in a row is the point at which you sack the manager. If you've lost five in a row, you're basically putting the future of the club on the line for the sake of the next ninety minutes and all it's vagaries and injustices? A good manager might be discarded for the sake of a bad refereeing decision or a bad one might be retained because of a goalkeeping mistake. And you reckon that's sensible?

Guest JonTheOwl66

The number of lost football matches.

I would advocate that this is the ONLY sensible method for making such important decisions.

Don't be ridiculous, there are loads of factors that can contribute to a manager getting sacked.

Guest Johno owl

How many loses on the bounce would it take for YOU to consider DJ departure? Obviously not 5, so whats your number?

Obviously not 5, Youve got to look at the bigger picture if we sack Jones who are going to bring in?

So, for the sake of argument let's say you decide six defeats in a row is the point at which you sack the manager. If you've lost five in a row, you're basically putting the future of the club on the line for the sake of the next ninety minutes and all it's vagaries and injustices? A good manager might be discarded for the sake of a bad refereeing decision or a bad one might be retained because of a goalkeeping mistake. And you reckon that's sensible?

For a manager to gets the sack after the sixth, he's got to have lost the first five.

I guess that for a chairmen to get rid of a manager sfter say 4/5/6/7 defeats, the nature of the defeats would also have to be bad. There must also be a threshold, where regardless of the nature of the defeats, the chairmen will get rid, just to save the club.

The nature of our defeats haven't been great, not terrible either.

Guest mikeglossopowl

Should, and hopefully will, stay. He may get a better response from the players as the next 2 games are away from Hillsborough, so there should be no booing of them.

Guest Johno owl

Have you got a manager in mind which want YOU want to replace jones? No i dont have a number in mind.

Im concentrating on hopefully getting a result at wolves not when i want Jones to be sacked

Edited by Johno owl