Jones must stay!

Guest Jay_Denny123

Guest Jay_Denny123

why are we looking at relegation, mid table is where we should finish?

I agree, should be mid-table, but others are muttering relegation.

Danny Batth is the best defender we've had at S6 in years FACT

I'd have him in my team in a heartbeat...!

Not playing regularly at the moment though...........

Facts are FACTs though.

Him and Llera or Taylor and Gardener

No competition IMO and that isn't meant to be a swipe at T&G.

In a heartbeat mate and I think if had been available after it was clear there was no prospect of him getting in the Wolves squad, then the money spent on T&G would have been to much better use on DB.

My opinion...!

don't want him sacked,

my only gripe is he has took a big gamble by all the changes , to much to soon , bothroyd should have been introduced form the bench as with taylor ,

not because they are not good players,time will tell , but intergrating them that way would have helped bothroyd's fitness and perhaps helped taylor settle more,

liera had the whys and wherefores dragged through the press ,that should have stayed in house,leaving Lee out and saying he wsn't ready and putting mattock in before him silly decision ,and the cog episode stinks tbh , he stepped up to the plate and was dropped for the effort ,which put a mockery on the if you earn the shirt you keep it ,

Good post, well put.

I dont think anyone wants to see Jones fail, i just wish he would hold his hands up and say i got that wrong, then get back to basics and start winning games.

UTO

Why does Jones have to stay?

He got us promoted with megsons side. A side which was organised, fit and had a tremendous will to win. I still believe if we would have signed antonio earlier we wouldn't have lost them three games under megson before the united match and megson would still be in charge. We may or may not gone on to get promotion, we will never find out and will never be able to prove that arguement right or wrong.

Moving on.... Jones has now had his first pre season to make his stamp and sign his own players. So far this season we look to have gone backwards and the signings jones has made look to have made no to little improvement on last seasons squad. Even worse than that we now look unfit, unorganised and often seem to have a lack of effort.

Don't get me wrong, i'd rather see jones improve than replaced but i don't buy into all this 'we can't get rid of him' & 'he's the best manager we've had in years'. Can people not see the transition between last years squad & this years?

It's all a matter of opinions and mine isn't less important than the next mans but now dave jones has in effect had chance to mark his own influence on this squad we look worse.

He does have a point.

Facts are FACTs though.

Him and Llera or Taylor and Gardener

No competition IMO and that isn't meant to be a swipe at T&G.

In a heartbeat mate and I think if had been available after it was clear there was no prospect of him getting in the Wolves squad, then the money spent on T&G would have been to much better use on DB.

My opinion...!

I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying.....I think we've missed that boat now though!

I think he needed the end of pre-season with us.....sitting on the bench & keeping fit is not the same as playing games & keeping fit.......as Michail Antonio has shown. (He's looking to be back to his old self but took a while to get back into the stride of things not getting many pre-season games with Reading)

I rue that we didn't go for Danny Batth.....but hey-ho.

(Point I was getting at with the 6-0 was that he isn't getting many games! DB improved MASSIVELY with games and understanding least season)

Edited by Bedders

think jones and mandaric made a rod for there own backs when they announced they "going for it " this season .a lot of supporters (including me) expectations got a bit carried away.as mandaric backed him financially enough to sign the players he needs to go for it?,if the answer is yes then jones is in big trouble and needs to turn this around pronto.

While it is supposed to be a results business it is not the results that bother me so much in terms of looking at DJ continuing it is the strange decisions he appears to be making. As he says mistakes by defenders can cost games but that does not excuse the strange decisions.

Dropping LLera was strange

Playing Mattock at right back is strange

Playing Beevers left back at Brighton who have very fast wide players was nonsense

Continuing playing 442 away from home when we are struggling is nonsense.

The bit that is really nonsense is starting the first 3 games with 8 players from last season , getting 7 points, and then more recently starting with as few as 2. If he thought our starting 11 from last season was not up to it then by all means make as many changes as you wish. But don't do it 3 games into the season.

Basically we have completely wasted a pre season as it did nothing to help us put our team together for the season. That is very strange and is down to the manager and we are reaping the consequences now.

While it is supposed to be a results business it is not the results that bother me so much in terms of looking at DJ continuing it is the strange decisions he appears to be making. As he says mistakes by defenders can cost games but that does not excuse the strange decisions.

Dropping LLera was strange

Playing Mattock at right back is strange

Playing Beevers left back at Brighton who have very fast wide players was nonsense

Continuing playing 442 away from home when we are struggling is nonsense.

The bit that is really nonsense is starting the first 3 games with 8 players from last season , getting 7 points, and then more recently starting with as few as 2. If he thought our starting 11 from last season was not up to it then by all means make as many changes as you wish. But don't do it 3 games into the season.

Basically we have completely wasted a pre season as it did nothing to help us put our team together for the season. That is very strange and is down to the manager and we are reaping the consequences now.

Some very good points raised

And quote

We have given ourselves the opportunity to strengthen the squad as soon as the window opens

If we had gone up via the playoffs we would be 4-5 weeks behind the others in securing our targets

I'm still 100 pc behind Jones but that philosophy hasn't done huddersfield any harm has it ?