The team that finished the match against Wycombe last season

Guest Stereophonics

Most accurate and pertinent reply in the thread.

And yet, whilst admitting your ignorance, you evidently know more about football than all those who would claim such a thing for themselves.

I meant that I don't even know what this foot-ball of which everybody speaks is. I thought this forum was about stalking lone owls. All I know from reading this for a few months is that they migrate towards cod canyons!

Guest Stereophonics

Obviously I cannot know if the team that finished last season would beat this seasons team but the fact that we are now in a higher league and reasonable arguments can be held for the old team winning is worrying.

He was, you're right, after getting through 4 managers in a year and a bit. Hopefully he's learned something from that experience.

To be honest the thought of this squad, even with some additions, somehow squeezing its way via the playoffs into the Prem next season and turning out week-in week-out against the likes of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal turns my bowels to water.

True, don't get me wrong I don't think we are anywhere near equipped to get promoted, but really want this season to continue an upwards spiral. Going down would be an unimaginable kick in the teeth.

A team that finished runners up in league one should (on paper at least) hold its own in the championship. I would have been confident last season playing against a number of the clubs in the championship. Its early days but i dont get why DJ felt he had to rip up the side and start again, the nucleus was there to add to.

People can say what they want but all the positives from the side that finished so well (team spirit, work rate, set pieces, support from the fans etc) has gone in just the last few weeks and DJ has to take a lot of the blame

Guest Stereophonics

Ok, turning the clock back to May 5th.-

Bywater, Buxton, Batth, Llera, Beevers, Antonio, Lines, Semedo, Treacy, Madine Ranger.

How would we improve that team using the squad we've now got ? Possibly not by ditching everyone but Antonio like on Saturday ?

Be hard to improve it with any of the current team I think. Probably only changes would be Reda for Beevers (not a new signing though), COG for Ranger, again not a new signing, JJ for Traeacy, not a new signing. Possibly Kirkland for Bywater would be the only new signing that would get in that team.