The team that finished the match against Wycombe last season

Guest Stereophonics

I say yes they would too. You can have a better team on paper but its on the pitch that matters. This team dooesn't have the spirit , commitment and shear will to win that last seasons team had.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I say yes they would too. You can have a better team on paper but its on the pitch that matters. This team dooesn't have the spirit , commitment and shear will to win that last seasons team had.

Sadly, we have enough players to actually put the theory to the test - save for changed man Ranger who has since got himself banged up...

Against much weaker opposition... put that team a few games into this session and their confidence would have been shot

Now you're changing the argument the OP said would the team that finished the game against Wycombe beat todays team, and i still say yes.

Guest totemowl

I agree, we had more confidence last season, and we were playing some nice football.

At the end of the season, yes.

We started confidently this season, but the goals against eroded that.

We'd probably be same as with last season's squad, especially cos Buxton, Reda and Lines are injured.

So last season's squad could leave us with a long battle against relegation, with not much opportunity to buy our way out of it.

Some people seem to be putting their own interpretation on the OP to match their agenda. It's a simple claim and the answer is I agree, they would beat the current team. That's not saying they would if/when we get some confidence back etc but at the moment of course they would beat the current team.

Edited by Almat

an emphatic yes , the team last season were on the crest of a wave ,the confidence would have been sky high , this team now is full of players with no confidence at all

at the moment ,no fight , no backbone, unfit players ,they might come good they might not that remains to be seen ,but on present showing some people are having a laugh

Its hard to argue against it Is Kirkland better than Bywater at the moment, our back four look weaker, our midfield are better players but do not support the system we play in the way that Semedo and Lines do. Out wide, Antonio and Treacy probably shaded it As COG is our best striker now, yes given the momentum we had then, yes the Wycombe side would probably shade it

Guest Youngowl123

the team which played wycombe would get killed in this league !

Wycombe are a league 2 side and they were low on comfidence on the last day.

Guest Leeswfc3

Against much weaker opposition... put that team a few games into this session and their confidence would have been shot

I don't believe so as we would win more matches than we are doing now.

Enough of the rose tinted glasses about last season.

We didn't win many games by more than one goal, didn't keep many clean sheets and often needed winners in the last 5-10 minutes to get a result - usually scored by defenders. OK we had a decent run towards the end of the season - against some very poor sides - but this season we're up against well-organised and well-funded clubs.

We were the new boys in the league for the first few games of this season, teams hadn't figured out how to play against us and hadn't worked out our strengths and weaknesses. Well, now they have.

I have no doubt heads have gone down due to recent results, seeing the name of their club in the media for all the wrong reasons, and being booed. It'll come good, it's only September FFS.

the team which played wycombe would get killed in this league !

Wycombe are a league 2 side and they were low on comfidence on the last day.

That was not the question and by the way the team at the moment are getting killed in this league.