Match fitness, team not gelled yet, and too many new faces

Guest JC Saviour

Why play some players if they aren't yet fit? The only reason the team haven't gelled yet is too many changes too fast. We seemed to do ok with just a few new faces in the first few games. Now DJ will stick to his guns now to save face.

Do you mean drop Taylor for being responsible for some of the goals conceded, just like LLiera, and drop Bothroyd for not scoring like he has with Madine and Rodri up till yesterday. Not a cat in hells chance. He made Taylor captain, that tells you something and the only way Bothroyd wont be playing, is if he is returned back to QPR. I think we might be seeing double standards from Jones very soon..

Guest Big Guns

We need a settled side ,should give madine and Rodri a 5 game run to try and get a partnership and understanding going

I would stick with Gardner and Taylor too

Edited by Big Guns

In both this week's games we have started brightly but we seem unable to carve out genuine opportunities, we ended up with lots of corners and throw ins which without Reda and Llera are ineffective. After twenty minutes of this the tempo slackens and the other team start to play, we need that first goal ( stating the obvious). Also notice in this league if opponents get a sniff they tend to bury it.

We need a settled side ,should give madine and Rodri a 5 game run to try and get a partnership and understanding going

I would stick with Tail and Gardner too for the next game only as I am sure Tail cannot be this bad. Watford fans were devestated when he left, but do they have standards?

I would still like to see Reda at centre back and a decent left back brought in on loan.

jeez, what is happening

i actually agree with you big guns - taylor and gardner should be given the next 5-10 games at the back

Rodri and either COG or Madine

i dont think we needed the Bothroyd signing - should have strengthened in another area!

I would stick with Tail and Gardner too for the next game only as I am sure Tail cannot be this bad. Watford fans were devestated when he left, but do they have standards?

I would still like to see Reda at centre back and a decent left back brought in on loan.

Mattock's a decent Championship Left Back. Play him in the right position and you wouldn't have to waste a loan

Do you mean drop Taylor for being responsible for some of the goals conceded, just like LLiera, and drop Bothroyd for not scoring like he has with Madine and Rodri up till yesterday. Not a cat in hells chance. He made Taylor captain, that tells you something and the only way Bothroyd wont be playing, is if he is returned back to QPR. I think we might be seeing double standards from Jones very soon..

Is that Jones' choice or are there stipulations in the loan deals that mean they have to start every game ?

Owlstalk Shop

doesn't that then become jones' choice seeing as HE signed them knowing that stipulaton???

That's if Dave Jones is the one that agrees the terms and conditions of the loan...

I have no idea whatsoever how it works to be honest - but there's a chance that Dave Jones may have to be playing some of these players due to the T&C's of the loan deal (and that loan deal could have been ironed out by Paul Aldridge or Milan)

I'm sure that this wouldn't be out of the ordinary when it comes to bagging big name players on loan

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Sheff Owl

I think it's pretty obvious that bothroyd and Barkley are here to play and start games.

I think more in everton's case they will probably have insisted Barkley plays, no point coming just to sit on bench, that doesn't help everton.

In QPR'S case its tricky he hasn't got a future there so not sure if they will have insisted he plays but I think bothroyd may have wanted reasurances that he will play, I don't know.

Either way Dave Jones will have told the people above who he wants so its up to them to sort the best deal.

Back to the football. Yes we have too many new faces, yes some aren't match fit but judging by yesterday we're still playing last years tactics & it won't work in this division. You can't just sit deep & allow ex premiership players room & time to hurt you because that's exactly what they'll do. Last season they didn't (on the whole) & we could play a long ball upfield for a flick on or for Antonio to run onto but it seems that's still the only tactic we have. It's no wonder Rodri has been ineffective, he's probably got neck ache!

We need to move higher up the pitch, give them less room to play in, never drop Semedo again (1st half yesterday we couldnt get the ball off them), play Rodri in the 'hole' & get our new 'quality' players to PASS the ball through to Bothroyd/Madine!

We need to just go with a side and stick with it.

I think that Jones made six changes? from the team that faced Huddersfield and it showed to be honest.

I'm certain that there is the right blend for a team within that squad but we won't find it if we keep naming different partnerships up and down the spine of the side.

Time for Jones to prove what a good manager he is.