If he's what the fans think is the answer then we're in for a long season.

^^ this

I am absolutely baffled as to why he has become our "saviour". Technically very, very limited. Yes he will run all day and chase lost causes / put himself about, but that is a striker that is suited to the lower leagues of the football pyramid

One league goal!!!!

And if we put form before talent and application we'll finish up in League 1, where he also struggles.

I don't want to be too unfair to the lad, but he's not delivering here.

Really have to question that one. Application , Really?

Bothroyd and Madine are really lacking this season in this department and you question O Gradys application.

The fans chanted and moaned for him to come on for 45 minutes.

Most of those people hated him last season and wanted him gone.

He's played a few good games this season and now he's the saviour.

Our fans are such a set of sh1tty fickle bunch.

Don't think the fans hated him last season but yes he was regarded as being down the pecking order because others performed better than him.

Yes he has played a few good games this season which is more than most of the other strikers put together, this is now why the fans want him in the team.

Don't think the fans are being fickle, they are just reacting to what they have seen so far.

a player who will bust his guts for his team is more supported than a player who wishes to stroll about , it stands to reason ,

Bothroyd is doing nothing tbh and hasn't done yet, cog will work his preverbialls off and throws one or two goals in as good measure , that is the difference and why cog should be playing .

If and when Bothroyed stands up to the plate thenyes he could be the difference , but at the moment it smacks of he is playing because dj bought him in and no other reason

Edited by trevdi9

As my brother said to me after the game

' the less COG plays, the better he becomes'

Maybe so but that says as much about the other strikers as O'Grady. If they were doing the business then no one would be concerned about O'Grady not playing.

Guest Bald Owl

COG did nothing different to bothroyd and would have been same if he'd been on the full 90. Better defenders in this league will handle big lumps with no skill all day.

The difference is when he gives the ball away or turns into trouble the crowd say nothing, the toxic atmosphere is back and so is players not wanting the ball, flipping well done! I despair!

Bothroyd was a signing we didn't need and after the reaction of our fans to our new players we are unlikely to get players of his standing again!

If that's the sort of standing you think is good you need to get back to the Lane, Bothroyd is worst than Colin West, what is it with fans signing a name instead of talent. Let's sign Bobby Charlton he was good once.

Thanks for the input though Jay!

Edited by Bald Owl

Guest totemowl

Really have to question that one. Application , Really?

Bothroyd and Madine are really lacking this season in this department and you question O Gradys application.

You misunderstand. COG gives plenty of effort but the problem is he doesn't apply himself / achieve as much as either Bothroyd or Madine.

Today for instance COG offered nothing as a team player, whereas Bothroyd was more of a problem to their defenders, winning us a penalty and managing to open them up more. Not a great performance tho.

COG did nothing different to bothroyd and would have been same if he'd been on the full 90. Better defenders in this league will handle big lumps with no skill all day.

The difference is when he gives the ball away or turns into trouble the crowd say nothing, the toxic atmosphere is back and so is players not wanting the ball, flipping well done! I despair!

Bothroyd was a signing we didn't need and after the reaction of our fans to our new players we are unlikely to get players of his standing again!

Are you for real? I know that Bothroyd is a very good player, I have seen enough of him for other teams to know this. But we were also warned by other fans that he can not be bothered sometimes. I'm afraid so far the Bothroyd that can;t be arsed is the one we are getting at the moment. I would much rather play a striker in form who is busting a gut to keep his shirt than a big time Charlie who strolls round the pitch thinking he is something special cos he once played for England.

Says it all when people want COG on the park over Bothroyd.

Special bunch.

"He chases the ball better".

So would my spaniel.

COG also scored a few and was on form before being dropped. If your Spaniel can also score goals get him/her down for a trial. I think the feeling is that if Bothroyd is not fit why play him? Its not the time to spend 4 or 5 games trying to get him match fit, and the heart of a team with spirit appears to have been ripped out by DJ playing his signings regardless of form/position or fitness

So it's the work horse stage we're at now then? We seem to always wander from wanting rid of the lazy illegitimates and getting players who'll run themselves into the ground, to getting rid of the useless players who are just headless chickens and instead wanting someone with a bit of quality. From your Brunt's to your James O'Connor's, the moaners always want the other one. It's getting boring now

You misunderstand. COG gives plenty of effort but the problem is he doesn't apply himself / achieve as much as either Bothroyd or Madine.

Today for instance COG offered nothing as a team player, whereas Bothroyd was more of a problem to their defenders, winning us a penalty and managing to open them up more. Not a great performance tho.

Wasn't it Gardner who won the penalty? As for Madine and Bothroyd applying themselves, I have yet to see it this season. They offer little movement, the ball doesn't stick with them and they are not scoring goals. All good players put hard work into games, you can't really say this about Madine and Bothroyd this season can you?

Guest foreverSWFC

Awful when he came on today

Well done everyome though, give yourselves a nice pat on the back..

WTF are you on about?

he got 15 minutes you tool, hardly any time to have an impact on the game, what di dyou expect for him to score a hattrick? I thought he did alright when he came on tbh, held the ball up and won us two corners, also decent effort on goal which nearly caught the keeper out.

Remind me what has Bothroyd done to suggest he should start ahead of him?