"Round pegs in round holes."

Guest Leeswfc3

Its defiantly something that needs addressing, because we are conceding too many goals and that's a fact. If Lee isn't fit, then he needs to be given a run when he is. I also believe Joe mattock should be playing, i firmly believe these 2 can offer a lot more all round than Beevers OR Buxton. That's not slagging them off because i don't think you can fault any of thems work rate.

Well. I have always thought that Owlstalk suffers from bi-polar disorder lol

So so true. We are in a higher league now with a better standard of football. We are not going to dominate many games. We are a work in progress and have had many changes in personel.

We have just lost a very tough away game, we may need to rely on home games to get points.Yes we have prombles at the moment which need ironing out but it will take time. Reality check is needed by some , we will do well to finish mid table.Once we get a settled team (which is our biggest promble at the moment) we will be fine. But expectation levels need lowering by some.

Too many changes for me. Both on the pitch, and in the squad. Very happy with what we have brought in, but with a bloated squad like ours people are going to be unhappy.

I'd be disappointed if I were o'grady in not getting a start on Friday, after his performance against fulham I'd expect madine to be a bit pissed off too. Bywater must be knocking on the door for a start as our backline appears to be disorganised, and there will be a big battle for the defensive shirts when Gardner and reda return.

Not overly surprised to see prutton, coke, rob Jones and palmer go out, lowe I was hoping would get a shot at it but again not a surprise that he did go. Weaver appears to be gone unless iv missed some news on him?

Think what we have lost is character and some continuity, and although the new signings all look decent, a fair bit of time will be needed to bed them all in.

Would like us to keep on attacking teams, we will get the odd beating like we did Friday but we will get enough points to be safe, play entertaining football and dish out some hidings of our own

Guest Sheff Owl

Think what we have lost is character and some continuity, and although the new signings all look decent, a fair bit of time will be needed to bed them all in.

The one thing that did worry me is ripping up a promotion winning squad too quickly, i know we had to improve and i know there would be movement out but i think quite a lot of character has been lost and that bond between the guys who got us up.

People could say no sentiment in football yes but making big changes all at once can have a reverse effect, i'm not saying it will happen to us but it's gonna take time for players to really get to know one another.

The one thing that did worry me is ripping up a promotion winning squad too quickly, i know we had to improve and i know there would be movement out but i think quite a lot of character has been lost and that bond between the guys who got us up.

People could say no sentiment in football yes but making big changes all at once can have a reverse effect, i'm not saying it will happen to us but it's gonna take time for players to really get to know one another.

i'm afraid this is one of the penalty's of the transfer window...

i thought the side we brought up wasn't a great one, but was helped immensely by it's loan signings...

we knew we could be found weak at l/b, and were likely lacking with lines in m/f...

up front, we needed for me one quality striker, and possibly a second come christmas...

over the next two months we'll find out if we've bought well, or not...

but the august transfer window says newly promoted sides need to buy at that time, and doesn't give time for a manager to look at his squad/team prior to buying...

also in our case it's very, very unusual for a manager to be sacked and replaced for the final dozen games of the season, AND THE TEAM STILL TO BE PROMOTED...

so dj may have come up with a squad he had inherited, but hadn't assembled...

and may not have liked the look of half or more of the side...

Guest intercity0wl

I'd take mid table this season, but the club has higher ambitions publically which makes it more difficult for them.

Home games will be crucial as you say and any points on the road will be valuable.

The club may well have higher ambition and long may that continue, but some of the money being spent by clubs in this division is Frightening and based on this alone mid table would be a bloody good finishing position, to putt this into perspective, we lost three nil at little old Brighton on Friday, the same little old Brighton who spent 2 million plus last season on one of their scorers on Friday Night.

Yes, it is DJ that needs to learn, you can't blame any one player when two goals are conceded every game. The buck stops at the manager.

Two problems for me:

1). We are relying on Gardner as our first choice, his hamstrings will ensure that we never have a settled back four

2). Something has gone wrong at RB. Losing Buxton should never involve two players playing out of position. If Lee can't step in, time for a loan.

I'm sure DJ will sort. He can lead us to the promised land, this is a wobble on the way - I hope.

I knew if I searched long enough on here I'd find someone on my own wavelength

Watched Lee in that game v sporting in Portugal. He was worse than any pub league full back I saw last season. Brought him off at half time and relegated him to collecting the balls and bibs at the end. That was his last contribution in the limelight & probably his only in Wednesday colours. To answer a question in an earlier post, weaver is still at the club but has no future. DJ has spoke to nicky for less than 1 minute in the 7mths at the club.

Edited by Semedo's ferret

You're totally wrong

People aren't just asking for the defence to be sorted

They're asking for us to drop wingers, drop playmakers in midfield and put another defensive midfielder in, and play one up front

Read Owlstalk

It's all there for you

So what did Dave Jones do at half time against Brighton? He took off a forward (Rodri) and replaced him with a midfielder (Barkley), that's all some of us are suggesting we need to do from the start (especially away from home). We're certainly not talking about abandoning our attacking philosophy or going back to long ball tactics or those employed by previous managers.