Kop Gets New Roof

It irritates me the way an automatic connection is made between standing and danger. Fans stood at football matches for donkey's years before Hillsborough. Too many fans in an enclosure, seats or not, and it is dangerous

Crowd management is what it is all about.

It irritates me the way an automatic connection is made between standing and danger. Fans stood at football matches for donkey's years before Hillsborough. Too many fans in an enclosure, seats or not, and it is dangerous

Crowd management is what it is all about.

theres only 1 thing dangerous and thats the word ENCLOSURE, no fences = no serious danger

There's a photo of her in the directors box at that very game.

It wasn't a match, it was an official ceremony to dedicate the new roof - although she did sit in the directors box. Afterwards, there was an exhibition and reception by Sheffield industry and Business to celebrate "Industry Year" and I had the pleasure of being introduced to Her Majesty.

It wasn't a match, it was an official ceremony to dedicate the new roof - although she did sit in the directors box. Afterwards, there was an exhibition and reception by Sheffield industry and Business to celebrate "Industry Year" and I had the pleasure of being introduced to Her Majesty.

Yes apologies I stand corrected.

If i remember correctly the capacity of the kop went up to 22K AFTER the roof and kop extension/straightening off were complete.

Capacity was around 16,000 before the work.

After the work was complete i believe we had the largest kop in Europe for a time until the Taylor report dictated seats to be installed.

You might be correct but before the roof we had a capacity of 55,000 so how was that broken down by stand ? I thought we had 25000 seats ( North, Old South and upper West) the other 30,000 being the kop and leppings lane. Thought Leppings lane held about 5000 standing ?? This would leave 25,000 on the kop.

Kivo where are you ?

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

Before the roof capacity was a tad over 50'000 after the roof it went to 55'000, the uncovered kop had a capacity of around 16'000, the lepp was around 16'000ish the north was 10'000ish and the south was 8'000ish

Wow 16,000 on''t lane end. Tight squeeze.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I sat in the South stand with my bro's for this one. We also took part in the fun run to raise money for the cost of the roof. Good times.