Wednesday to cut the bill

Guest firewall

Guest christheowl

Always wondered why it took 4 policemen to hold a video camera facing the North stand for 90 mins.....dont they know Neil does that sort of sh!t for free ????

To be honest i thought the Police/dog handlers at the Palace game were a disgrace and the cause of a lot of tension and to think that the club has to pay extra for this brutality is absurd, well done Milan tell them where to go :milan:

Edited by StockyBoy

With my resident of Sheffield cap on, is it that unreasonable to expect the club to pay for the extra policing required as a result of a football fixture happening? Would be a bit pissed off should the quality of policing slack off due to this

Well actually, Yes it is,especially when SYP chase one lame brain scheme after another, all paid for by the club, with no result other than to inconvenience the people they pupport to serve.

Every match is a prime example. Last night for instance, many mised the start of the game due to the Police unreasonably closing Leppings Lane. Meaning fans approaching Hillsborough from Stocksbridge, Oughtobridge, Wisewood, Stannington, Walkley and Crookes all had to divert back on to Pennistone Road causing absoloute traffic chaos. Birmingham brought about 1200 fans, what is difficult about dropping off on Claywheels Lane and walking the fans the 4-500 yards to the Leppings Lane entrance.

I just hope that PA or whoever drives he hardest bargain possible !

post script: I missed the first 5 minutes last night the first kick off I have missed since October 7th 1961, we were 2-0 down when me and my dad got in v Chelsea we went on to win 5-3....Just an aside like !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

With my resident of Sheffield cap on, is it that unreasonable to expect the club to pay for the extra policing required as a result of a football fixture happening? Would be a bit pissed off should the quality of policing slack off due to this

I get what you are saying, but is it any different to us all having to say for the extra policing in the city centre every weekend or for events like tramlines etc

Last night for instance, many mised the start of the game due to the Police unreasonably closing Leppings Lane. Meaning fans approaching Hillsborough from Stocksbridge, Oughtobridge, Wisewood, Stannington, Walkley and Crookes all had to divert back on to Pennistone Road causing absoloute traffic chaos. Birmingham brought about 1200 fans, what is difficult about dropping off on Claywheels Lane and walking the fans the 4-500 yards to the Leppings Lane entrance.

I saw them as they were putting that barrier up. It caused problems pretty much immediately, jamming the roundabout up. What was the point?

You can understand why it's closed after the game with the amount of pedestrians flooding out, but before is just a bit daft.

With my resident of Sheffield cap on, is it that unreasonable to expect the club to pay for the extra policing required as a result of a football fixture happening?

The dispute isn't about paying for extra policing required as a result of football. It's about how much of that policing is actually required. The massive police presence all round the city, stood around doing flip all, that gets billed back to the clubs.