Player ratings

I didn't get to the match last night but i listened on 5 live and i didn't seem to hear McCabe's name that much.

I've no doubt he's an excellent prospect but i was just wondering if anyone can give me an insight into what sort of player he is?

Haven't got to see him play yet but heard alot of good things...

I didn't get to the match last night but i listened on 5 live and i didn't seem to hear McCabe's name that much.

I've no doubt he's an excellent prospect but i was just wondering if anyone can give me an insight into what sort of player he is?

Haven't got to see him play yet but heard alot of good things...

he bosses the midfield. Was every where, great ability to head the ball. Looks a class act, so far Edited by lomaxkinesis

Kirkland - 8 - So far, out of all the acquisitions, he's the best. A class above any other keeper at this level (Butland included). International standard.

Llera - 8 - Looked far more comfortable than he did on Saturday. Dealt with the majority of things.

Beevers - 8 - Stepped up to the mark superbly. The back four looked far more solid than Saturday.

Buxton - 7 - Did very well against Redmond.

Reda Johnson - 7 - Attacking wise, superb. And did OK against, imo, the best winger outside the Premiership. He was always going to have a tough task defensively.

JJ - 8 - Looks a completely different player. Seems far more effective, is working a lot harder. Great finish to seal the game.

Antonio - 6 - Things didn't seem to happen for him tonight. Still saw a lot of ball, and tried to make things happen.

Semedo - 9 - Man of the Match. Absolutely immense. I've not seen Wednesday dominate the midfield like they did in the first half for a long time. Semedo has the heartbeat.

McCabe - 7 - Looks a quality addition, with loads of potential. Not as effective as Saturday, but has a calm head on his young shoulders.

COG - 8 - Thrilled for him. Seems to be taking to the Championship with ease. Brilliant touch, and strength. Linked up brilliant with Rodri.

Rodri - 8 - Looks a class act. Perhaps tried a bit too hard at times...but he'll only get better. Such an exciting prospect.

Kirkland - 8 - Really excited to see him and he didn't disappoint. Unlucky to have conceded 2 goals.

Buxton - 7

Llera - 7.5 - Very solid and dealt with King all night.

Beevers - 8 - Back to the Beevers we once saw! Tall, imposing and even passed it out of defence at times.

Reda - 7 - Had a great game up to the pen for me, more than matched Burke on the night.

Antonio - 6 - Quiet but more due to a lack of fitness/match sharpness I'd say.

McCabe - 8 - Excellent debut for someone so young, good football brain and will get stuck in too.

Semedo - 7 - Doesn't look out of place in the Championship and didn't expect him to.

JJ - 9.5- Could hardly have been better! Was on fire all night.

O'Grady - 7

Rodri - 8 - Very impressive start, liked his willingness to put himself about too. Deserved the ovation.

Edited by swfc-dan

Just thought people might be interested in the Sheffield Star ratings:

OWLS: Kirkland 7, Buxton 7, Llera 7, Beevers 7, R Johnson 7, Antonio 7 (Maguire 90+4), Semedo 8, McCabe 7, J Johnson 7, Rodri 8 (Madine 61, 7), O’Grady 8 (Pecnik 81). Unused subs: Bywater, Mattock, Prutton, Coke.

How the rumble did they only give JJ a 7?

Just thought people might be interested in the Sheffield Star ratings:

OWLS: Kirkland 7, Buxton 7, Llera 7, Beevers 7, R Johnson 7, Antonio 7 (Maguire 90+4), Semedo 8, McCabe 7, J Johnson 7, Rodri 8 (Madine 61, 7), O’Grady 8 (Pecnik 81). Unused subs: Bywater, Mattock, Prutton, Coke.

Yeah I saw them myself, this Paul Thompson fella can't have ever played football in his life, how he could find 3 players better than JJ is beyond me.

Which match were they at?

I always look at Thompson's ratings through habit more than anything, and I realise some people do see things differently, but Mr Thompson never fails to mystify me with his player ratings.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.