The top 20 Wednesday goals of this century

Was enjoying it until the sight of an overpaid Dutch waster in a blue and white shirt made me vomit. Paused the video, cleaned up the mess, restarted the video... there he is again and more vomit.

Thanks for posting it anyway - most of it was fantastic.

Might get slated for this..but....I reckon Gerald Sibon is the most naturally gifted player to have played for Wednesday this century. Followed closely by Chris Brunt.

Guest TomDowningSWFC

Only just realised that its Bywater in net for Coventry when Brunt scores that screamer! he does not look happy haha :tango:

Guest Nilsson_is_God

Might get slated for this..but....I reckon Gerald Sibon is the most naturally gifted player to have played for Wednesday this century. Followed closely by Chris Brunt.

I happen to agree.... he was a good player in a poor side and had he had better players round him i dare say he wouldve been even better.....

What a brilliant compilation, but to make it perfect (to me at least) it miss Brunt's goal vs Leeds, Whelan's vs Luton, and A.Quinn's vs Wrexham.

My number 1 would be Sibon vs United. Perhaps the fines goal I've ever seen.

Matty Hamshaws celebration is even better than his goal.... :ghoulguy:

How is Fat Leon's against Palace (final game of the season) not in there??? He hit the ball wi so much pace and anger he broke his Fat Toe... oh hang-on a minute.....no he didn't I remember now lol

Guest foreverSWFC

Fantastic video. Top work again

However, i think Brunt Vs Leeds and Esajas vs Rochdale should both definitely be in there.

One glaring omission I can think of though is Brunt's at Elland Road when he lobbed the keeper from the touchline.

^^^This is what i thought all the way through expecting it to be the next one. There were so many brilliant goals by Brunty though.

Other than that it's pretty rogering fantastic that pal. Cheers for putting it together. Superb.

Guest chapeltom

Hamshaw's goal was fantastic. I was only 9 at the time, awesome cup run in an otherwise quite dire season. Di Piedi's overhead v Sunderland came in only the 3rd ever Wednesday game I've seen, truly class, one of the best goals I have ever seen, ever.

Getting shafted 5-0 by Norwich at home about 10 days after the League Cup Quarter Final was horrible. That 6-2 defeat at home to Man City wasn't good either that season!

Edited by chapeltom