The top 20 Wednesday goals of this century

Great video. Always love watching this kind of stuff.

Most of your choices seem to be a bloke 30 yards out just putting his foot through it. Whilst they are spectacular it often owes as much to luck as it does to ability. I always prefer something that requires a little more skill; perhaps a well worked team goal where the finish itself might be rather straightforward. For example, Michele di Piedi might be the only player in our history to score with an overhead kick from outside the area yet it rates as only the 9th best goal of the last dozen years !?

One glaring omission I can think of though is Brunt's at Elland Road when he lobbed the keeper from the touchline.

Class!

Think some that just made the cut were better than some in the top 20 (Kenwyne volley without doubt!), and I can think of a fair few class ones not in it at all (Clarke vs Leicester to wrap up safety and sent Leicester down, Tudgay swivel and volley in front of our Kop vs United a couple of season's ago, Brunt from near the half way line vs Leeds in the 3-2 win at Elland Road, and that is just off the top of my head!)

If we are talking about for the sheer buzz and relief of a goal then Talbots at Cardiff is up there....

Also Antonio vs. Wycombe.

Guest Nilsson_is_God

Was enjoying it until the sight of an overpaid Dutch waster in a blue and white shirt made me vomit. Paused the video, cleaned up the mess, restarted the video... there he is again and more vomit.

Thanks for posting it anyway - most of it was fantastic.

I cant remember seeing Wim Jonk on it.... :tango: