My chris ogrady theory

Guest dave jones n.1

dont disagree, i rate him as a striker and although i thought he would be moved on, i did think he deserved a chance. Unfairly slated on here last season.

Just found it typically ironic that for weeks, iv seen comment after comment suggesting he should be shipped out, and now some people want him to replace Madine..

i know

just because madine wasn't good last night its gone back to "i don't think he can make the step up to the championship"

get to ****

Edited by Sam19

Guest dave jones n.1

He actually started at Rochdale the game after United and was the best player on the pitch

I didn't think that side was picked by jones

Guest Hudders Owl87

flip it! I'm going to get the away shirt with his name on the back!!!

Then sods law he will be shipped out!!!!

lol:milan:

I said to my Dad 2 minutes after COG came onto the field that he would have been Wednesday's best striker last season, apart from the fact he could not score. Last night he came on. His link up play was immense, and he scored two.

Now we have to remember that Oldham are still League One and we are building for the Championship, but I think COG and Wednesday are both moving in the right direction.

Guest mrbluesky

Maybe we can judge when the season has started alot of our players are unproven at this level fwiw O'grady has the ability so their is no reason he wont be an asset, my feeling is this squad is looking promising.

The OP might have a point.

In megsons team he was recieving arial balls and getting stuck with his back to goal.

In a team that plays a short passing game he could well turn out to be a different prospect alltogether.

After the last performance with pecnic he gets a reprieve from me, to see how he gets on.

I watched a YouTube video a while back of all COGS goals at Rochdale. All round variety included in there and I wondered why he wasn't doing it for us. Obv the style of play didn't help, not helped by some rubbish/unlucky finishing.

Now I'm not going to get carried away after last night but I think he will have a lot to offer this season, he is different to the other strikers we have atm. Let's hope if he gets a run of games then he can bag a few more.

Other plus points are his song is quality and he's got a massive Johnson!

We seemed to have bought him as the big target man for the (occasional) time we hoofed it, and I guess we thought as we are trying to avoid that game (lots of big boot last night though!) he would be surplus but judging on his great turn and shot he should be kept. Ideal for the quality crosses we should be delivering this season.