4-4 fookin 3

My footy manager loves football more than anyone I know

Anyway...

When on team nights out he usually, after a fair few beers, likes to talk tactics, usually using beer glasses (bloody annoying at times though, but rather funny).

Anyway, sat down, he had had a few too many, there weren't quite enough empty glasses around, so he ended up going to the bar and getting a pen and paper and started telling us about formations. First he was talking about, and this was before the euros, the 4-6-0 formation. Spain have since used this

... The 2nd formation, and cant remember what this was to be used against to combat a certain formation, was a formation never seen before, and I cant wait to see it in action. The tension was built up as he asks us what formation is used, he interferes, stating the formation that should be used is...

5?

Guess you had to be there...

Guest BirdonaMaguire

That is the system. Antonio and JJ can wreak havoc from there. Picnic In behind. Get another solid midfielder alongside Semedo.

poo poo I'm going to get ripped for that!

Dave Allen school of formations?

I can't help but think we'd be more suited to 433 aswell. We were struggling to get the ball to the front two in the first half.

433 with 1 striker and 2 attacking wingers turns into 451 far to easily. Chelsea have done it for years and man u and other top teams play it also but it's not for Wednesday , not yet anyway

Guest Old Salt

4-2-3-1 could work with the players we have.

We've established Picnic is not a wide man or centre midfielder, but too good to leave out.