Owls on Big match revisited - ITV4 now

I saw my first SWFC goal at this match. I think I'd been to about five 0-0s previous to this game. Obviously didn't put me off!

Guest JC Saviour

the beginning of the epic 5match saga against the arse, who can forget filbert st (x3) ???

Cost some sodding money those matches having to travel to Filbert Street.Rremember Jeff Johnson (I think) he had Liam Brady in his pocket at Hillsboro unless my memory is playing tricks. Also first time I saw a player playing in odd boots. It was Iian Porterfield at one of the replays. Conditions wern't great. i think he wore moulded on one foot screw ins on the other.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Back in the days when the FA cup was the greatest knock out competition in the world.

Big Jack said after that if anyone wanted a fight then they would be welcome to come down to the ground and have a go at Tony Toms....

After the performance that day and subsequently at Filbert Street, it convinced me as kid that sometime soon we could and would actually get out of Division 3.

Was working in London at the time and got tickets for a few mate in amongst the Gooners. when we went up to celebrate Wyldie scoring some Arsewit shouted, 'Get back to your northern pit factories!'

If someone can enlighten me as to one of these is, I'd appreciate the explanation!!

Guest wadsleybridgeowl

who threw a snowball at big jack,come on own up.

Ahem me

i was always a crap shot was aiming for the policemans helmet. lol

Edited by wadsleybridgeowl

Guest Owlamspartacus

I am sparticus

No I'm spartacus ! ! But dint throw any snowballs . No point when only 3 ! ! Mi dad did though ! !but not at big Jack ! Edited by Owlamspartacus

Ahem me

i was always a crap shot was aiming for the policemans helmet. lol

:biggrin: :biggrin:

It's amazing how many people claimed to have been the 'one' that hit the copper. Not me though. I was.....errr...too far back. Yeah, not a weak 15 year old boy, just too far back. :rolleyes:

There were that many snowballs being thrown it was hard to follow your own though. I mostly remember seeing them 'splashing' through the net.

Great memories of those games at Leicester too.

Was working in London at the time and got tickets for a few mate in amongst the Gooners. when we went up to celebrate Wyldie scoring some Arsewit shouted, 'Get back to your northern pit factories!'

If someone can enlighten me as to one of these is, I'd appreciate the explanation!!

Its something a thick southern person made up and really made a fool of himself for it.

after watching us since 75 it was the first time I realise how massive we actually were. Went to 4 of the 5 games - cried watching newsround the day after the fifth reply with John Craven saying what an amazing feat it was for a third divsion club.