does anyone know where mark platts is now ?

Guest eggsarnie

Guest eggsarnie

got talking to a workmate about him, and the hype over this kid when he made his debut, but where , what is he doing nowadays ???

does anyone know ??

I watched him score a cracker direct from a free kick for England boys at Wembley, a host of clubs were after him including Man U. I'll never forget a comment by David Pleat after he let him go, "his dad thought he was a world beater" I don't know why, but that comment has always stuck with me.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I watched him score a cracker direct from a free kick for England boys at Wembley, a host of clubs were after him including Man U. I'll never forget a comment by David Pleat after he let him go, "his dad thought he was a world beater" I don't know why, but that comment has always stuck with me.

Bit biased with that opinion. His dad was quite laid back.

Hirst & Wads thought a bit about him, in fact the story was that Wads fixed him up with his agent.

In the opinion of one of the coaching staff at the time, he should have played for the juniors "freezing his nuts off in the NE night games", instead of leaping into the reserves.

A sad loss. He WAS a good player. Same Young Owls team as Steve Haslam, and (for one season) Nicky Weaver.

Guest mcduk

I played in same side as Platty for 3 seasons and was an apprentice at hillsborough with him.

Left footed, quick and able to go passed players with ease until the age of 16-17.........Thats when all "the world beaters" get found out, when they start playing against "proper players".

He was working on the roads last I heard, all over the country but still lives in s2, not kicked a ball for years.

Guest mcduk

There are players on parks all over the country on a saturday and sunday morning who have the ability.......its having the commitment that the majority fail.