Paul Wilkinson

Yea.. he is already here, but he will be taking over Burton's role.

DJ isn't adding to the coaching team

This is good for continuity plus it could be good for back room moral as it indicates that progression can occur within the set-up - everyone likes to know that they can 'climb the ladder' when the opportunity presents itself.

Guest Fedor

I have to admit to not knowing who Paul Wilkinson is......

post-19248-0-55670500-1341649456_thumb.j

This is how I remember him, with long hair. Though funnily enough can't remember him playing for Everton.Only remember him for Forest and Grimbsby

Guest Fedor

And for Middlesbrough, surely?

Think so but my memory isnt what it used to be. The pictures Ive seen of him at Middlesboro just look like Bernie Slaven to me

This guy needs to pay us back. We went to Grimsby on Boxing Day 1983 on my 13th birthday and we ended up on the Grimsby end. They hated us because they thought we were taking over their ground (which we were) and we had the nerve to end up on their crappy Kop. Varadi had a good header disallowed in front of our fans and then Paul Wilkinson got the winners for the haddocks. We still looked mint in the silky yellow Crosby kitchens away shirt.Completely hateful afternoon, another ruined birthday. In fact, it was just like at Walsall! At least we got them back in the April. Not bitter at all :rolleyes:

Then Wilkinson went to Everton and was vaguely decent in 86-87....

Wilkinson is assisted by Paul Butler in Development and Recruitment. Ex Oldham Chief Scout having played for them,Everton, Sunderland, Leeds and MK Dons. Met him last week playing golf. This next week he is off to Peru looking at players. He also told me Antonio transfer is nailed on and to expect 3 loanees when Premier League clubs have agreed their squads. The players signed by Megson not included in the starting line up towards the end of last season will be allowed to go but if no one comes in for them this will not affect the amount Dave Jones has to spend, Milan has agreed. He also does some defensive coaching and is responsible for a number of the younger players development.