Not again surely?

Guest Massive91

Guest Massive91

Just been thinking these new signings we have/are going to bring in such as kirkland and gardner who havent got the best injury record I think its fair to say.

Could it be another Hinchcliffe and the 3 scots scenario and end up with as many on the injury table as on the pitch?

And Diogo Armando turn out to be another francesco sonneti for example and just be dead money spent again on wages.

In MM and DJ we trust but what do we all think?

UTO

There are plenty of players without injury records get injured.

Although some players are known crocks.

Actually it would be an interesting statistical analysis to see how much a player's past injury record gets reflected in their future record. This could be compared to players who have a clean record.

I reckon you would find that there was not that much difference.

But i am just idly speculating. :ph34r:

Edited by Beholder

There are plenty of players without injury records get injured.

Although some players are known crocks.

Actually it would be an interesting statistical analysis to see how much a player's past injury record gets reflected in their future record. This could be compared to players who have a clean record.

I reckon you would find that there was not that much difference.

But i am just idly speculating. :ph34r:

I'm sure there will be some data held on this tbh.

Any physios know?

Think its safe to say that unlike previous times..

1. We dont have to pick up scraps
  2. the people in charge know their stuff
  3. The players we sign will have to have passed their medicals, cant see us taking any risky gambles

Maybe we shouldnt sign anyone then? I mean think about it, we could sign a top quality player who could get us promoted near enough by himself, but i'm asking you is it really worth the risk, the transfer money, the wages?

Before answering, think about this... He signs his 4 year contract on £5k a week, leaves through the door, misses the first step, tumbles down breaking both legs, out for the season. A good year out then has to work on his fitness, you wont see the best of that player for 2 seasons, and the ink is yet to dry on his signed contract

No matter though, we will always have Semedo there when he is nearing his century

Chill out lads nothing's happened yet. Personally I wouldn't have signed Kirkland, but, then again he turn into a player for you. But, you're not going know until the season starts.

Chill out lads nothing's happened yet. Personally I wouldn't have signed Kirkland, but, then again he turn into a player for you. But, you're not going know until the season starts.

I don't think asking for calm is going to help. Have you listened to some of the posts? There should be a banner add for the Samaritans on here.

My main concern is that it appears we are going to have a much bigger turnover of players than we envisaged Its quite likely that we may have 10 or more incomings, with at least that leaving. One thing Dave Jones mentioned, and also Paul Aldridge, was keeping the squad together and not losing that all important team spirit. He cited the examples of Swansea, Norwich and Southampton, who all added just a handful of quality players but pretty much kept their squads intact. Of course we have to progress, and some may fall by the wayside, but a lot of the casualties may be the ones most responsible for our tremendous team spirit. Me, I would have liked to see us add maybe half a dozen players of real quality but basically keep the squad intact. Momentum can be so important.

My main concern is that it appears we are going to have a much bigger turnover of players than we envisaged Its quite likely that we may have 10 or more incomings, with at least that leaving. One thing Dave Jones mentioned, and also Paul Aldridge, was keeping the squad together and not losing that all important team spirit. He cited the examples of Swansea, Norwich and Southampton, who all added just a handful of quality players but pretty much kept their squads intact. Of course we have to progress, and some may fall by the wayside, but a lot of the casualties may be the ones most responsible for our tremendous team spirit. Me, I would have liked to see us add maybe half a dozen players of real quality but basically keep the squad intact. Momentum can be so important.

Yep, but more subs next season so ....

Just been thinking these new signings we have/are going to bring in such as kirkland and gardner who havent got the best injury record I think its fair to say.

Could it be another Hinchcliffe and the 3 scots scenario and end up with as many on the injury table as on the pitch?

And Diogo Armando turn out to be another francesco sonneti for example and just be dead money spent again on wages.

In MM and DJ we trust but what do we all think?

UTO

I would say we've got a physio (again) that is good enough to be called on for England so he probably knows his stuff.

Everything is all pure speculation before you give the guys in question a chance and Kirkland was more unlucky at Wigan as there was a couple of decent keepers that were always going to step in if he became injured.

I'd sooner take players giving there all and as a result picking up an injury as opposed to strolling around given 80% in a game and collecting a wage. Kirkland made it to the pinnacle as a keeper.....he was in the England team, even to get anywhere near that sort of form for him in the future would mean he is going to be one of the top keepers in the Championship.

I don't think asking for calm is going to help. Have you listened to some of the posts? There should be a banner add for the Samaritans on here.

Look at it like this we could still be managerless by the time we play you :biggrin: After the season you've had enjoy for a while

You just confirmed your manager just now.

some german bloke.

Not offical yet, but, IF we do appoint him Im quite excited t see what he can do and who'll he'll bring in. Let hope he can find another Demba Ba