This is how you do it grunters.. 7 years ago today.

Nice to see a Sheffield side that DON'T bottle it in the playoffs.

That's the difference that great support makes. Looking back now, that was a poor side, really onl Brunt and Whelan would get in the current side, but they had spiri, they had leadership and when they turned up on the big day, they had fifty thousand mad fans cheering non stop, they couldn't loose.

All the Blunts had was what, half that many and they were all loosers.

People doubt what a difference fans really make once players cross that white line, but its fans like Wednesdays that are the difference on big occasions and the Blunts dont have that, they have a handful of nervous neysayers in the stands and it shows in the results.

I said before the Hillsborough derby last season, we never loose the important ones. That is why.

That's the difference that great support makes. Looking back now, that was a poor side, really onl Brunt and Whelan would get in the current side, but they had spiri, they had leadership and when they turned up on the big day, they had fifty thousand mad fans cheering non stop, they couldn't loose.

For a League 1 play-off team you can't say it was a poor side. Lucas, (a young) Richard Wood, Alex Bruce, (N.I International) Quinn, 20 goal a season MacLean, along with Whelan & Brunt ... you can't complain really !

For a League 1 play-off team you can't say it was a poor side. Lucas, (a young) Richard Wood, Alex Bruce, (N.I International) Quinn, 20 goal a season MacLean, along with Whelan & Brunt ... you can't complain really !

If I had to pick a joint team of the two promotion sides (and I do cos its the summer and I'm bored) I'd come up with:

Lucas

Buxton Batth Llera Reda

Antonio Whelan Semedo Brunt

McClean Madine

It was tough not to pick Lee, JP and Wood but after much consideration I couldn't go anyway.

So in conclusion, the beloved aunt has proven that the class of 2012 is better than the class of 2005.

If I had to pick a joint team of the two promotion sides (and I do cos its the summer and I'm bored) I'd come up with:

Lucas

Buxton Batth Llera Reda

Antonio Whelan Semedo Brunt

McClean Madine

It was tough not to pick Lee, JP and Wood but after much consideration I couldn't go anyway.

Besides which we did better than get to the play offs with this years team.

So in conclusion, the beloved aunt has proven that the class of 2012 is better than the class of 2005.

I love Lee Bullen, don't care what anyone else says, he IS a Wednesday legend.

I think legend is overused an outstanding personality -yes His captain's speeches before and after the game had my hair on end stirring stuff from someone I admittedly swore at a few times as a player but a good leader

I got slagged by some argumentative oik on here because I thought we should give the guy a job a few years ago glad to see it happened