Modern Day Legends

I was just thinking who of our current squad could become sheffield wednesday legends. Obviuosly as I am only 15 I have only really been watching crap for the last 8/9 years, with no real memorable players. Therefore I have been unlucky to have missed the likes of Waddle, Hirst and Sheridan and so on...

So, who could become a legend of swfc out of our current team?

UTO

Guest greggo1867

Gary Madine

Reda Johnson

Difficult to see beyond those two. JJ's missed the boat. Buxton probably still has it in him depending on how long he stays with us and in the first team (hopefully a long time). Antonio and/or Batth would be good shouts if we could get them tied down on permanent deals, but obviously that's been covered on a million other threads.

Edited by greggo1867

Semedo could become a legend if he carries on how he is. Lets remember it's not only the best players that become legends. Lee Bullen would tell you himself that he was never one of the best players, but he always put a shift in and played in every single position in the team.

Guest greggo1867

The boxes they have to tick are Skill, charisma, flair, popularity and loyalty.

Four out of the five will do but the last two are musts.

I guess that rules out defenders and goalkeepers then if they need to have either skill or flair ;)

I know what you mean though. There's also a minimum level for each that you can't really put your finger on, they just either have it or they don't.

Guest greggo1867

Semedo could become a legend if he carries on how he is. Lets remember it's not only the best players that become legends. Lee Bullen would tell you himself that he was never one of the best players, but he always put a shift in and played in every single position in the team.

True, but again, I think this has been covered on other threads - Bullen was more of a 'cult figure' than a legend, as much as I loved him. It's kinda splitting hairs, but 'legend' is a slightly over used term, I think.

True, but again, I think this has been covered on other threads - Bullen was more of a 'cult figure' than a legend, as much as I loved him. It's kinda splitting hairs, but 'legend' is a slightly over used term, I think.

Anyone who has played in every single position, captained the club, lifted a trophy, always given everything for the club, retired and still comes back to support us even sitting with our away following at times has to be a legend in my eyes.

Does anyone know of any other player at any club who has done this? Infact, is there any player who has played in every position for a club nevermind the rest?!

Lee Bullen = legend.

This is true, but I think Bully is a bit of a legend tho. I can't think of any other player who has played in every single position on the pitch :)

Guest hirsty9

Gary Madine.... i have a mate who's a tottenham fan and he said he watched us on sky last week and said we played well. He rates Madine, so thats good feed back from someone who watches prem football every week