THAT Reda Tackle.......

Why would we? It was an amazing challenge. Not dangerous, got the ball, fully commited..... Amazing challenge.

Be honest, if it wasn't dangerous their guy wouldn't have been in agony in a heap on the floor. I can't actually find a clip of it now, but I seem to remember his trailing leg takes their guy's foot and twists his leg under him. I'm amazed he didn't suffer ankle or knee ligament damage

That's rubbish. It was a fantastic challenge. The ground he covered to get there and the pace of the ball and the man made it very difficult but he not only won the ball, kept it. He also didn't touch the man until he had his foot on the ball.

Incredible tackle - it is probably the best I have ever seen live.

I don't understand how or why you would be saying otherwise to be honest, other than to be contrary.

It's nothing to do with being contrary, I just have a different opinion. I'm not so stupid as to think it's a non-contact sport, but I think players have to be a little more responsible with the challenges they make. We pay enough money to watch games without having the best players out because someone made a 'typical British old school challenge taking man and ball'. If he'd missed the player, or there had been less contact it would probably be one of the best tackles I'v ever seen, too.

You must have taken lessons in the rules of football from some of the referees we have had at Hillsborough this season.

Just because a player falls over does not mean he has been fouled.

Never said it does. A player taking your standing leg either before or after winning the ball is a foul to me.

Absolutely bang on. This is exactly what has ruined football over the years. You can't make a decent challenge nowadays without being punished. Footballs becoming a non contact sport now and it's really starting to pis me off. I was brought up with the rule that if you get the ball first it's not a foul.

I'll tell you what. If that had been Chris Morgan on Antonio some people would be demanding he be suspended for life.

It's nothing to do with being contrary, I just have a different opinion. I'm not so stupid as to think it's a non-contact sport, but I think players have to be a little more responsible with the challenges they make. We pay enough money to watch games without having the best players out because someone made a 'typical British old school challenge taking man and ball'. If he'd missed the player, or there had been less contact it would probably be one of the best tackles I'v ever seen, too.

Never said it does. A player taking your standing leg either before or after winning the ball is a foul to me.

Just watched it again and you're right that he takes his standing leg - doesn't change much in my opinion; but I can see what you are saying.

I'm sorry for saying you were being contrary, it really annoys me when people say that to me!

• Like 1

Be honest, if it wasn't dangerous their guy wouldn't have been in agony in a heap on the floor. I can't actually find a clip of it now, but I seem to remember his trailing leg takes their guy's foot and twists his leg under him. I'm amazed he didn't suffer ankle or knee ligament damage

I'll tell you what. If that had been Chris Morgan on Antonio some people would be demanding he be suspended for life.

1) Feigning injury is part and parcel of the modern game unfortunately and is the a major reason why refs are conned into making so many sh!t decissions nowadays.

2) We pay enough money to see players play so half arsed nowadays that a challenge like this should be met huge amount of applause and recognition.

3) Like I said before, unless it has been changed in recent years and not been highlighted to me, if the players makes contact with the ball before he makes contact with the player then it is deemed a legal challenge. Therefor if to you it is a foul and you were the ref and gave a foul, you would be in the wrong and getting all kinds of abuse from the (rightly) angry fans.

4) Wrong again. I would deem it a very good challenge (obviously not as good as if Reda had made it because the Morgan challenge would somehow be a lot bottom), but would argue that he should have been expelled from football on several occassions in the past.

Just watched it again and you're right that he takes his standing leg - doesn't change much in my opinion; but I can see what you are saying.

I'm sorry for saying you were being contrary, it really annoys me when people say that to me!

No worries

3) Like I said before, unless it has been changed in recent years and not been highlighted to me, if the players makes contact with the ball before he makes contact with the player then it is deemed a legal challenge. Therefor if to you it is a foul and you were the ref and gave a foul, you would be in the wrong and getting all kinds of abuse from the (rightly) angry fans.

It isn't as black an white as that. Intent also plays a part these days, a foul can be given with no contact whatsoever.

No worries

It isn't as black an white as that. Intent also plays a part these days, a foul can be given with no contact whatsoever.

which is why football is getting to be a non contact powder poof sport . its a man's game and before all the play acting that's what it was . if you don't like the contact then don't play the game simple .

No worries

But Reda's intent was to get the ball! I think a train would be on the fllor crying if Reda tackled it though tbh!!