The Goal Video Here

Absolutely outstanding play from Buxton. What a run what a cross. He looked up before delivering.

O'Grady scores too few for a regular place in this team (if we had a Rhodes it would be different) but his header was top quality . Real quality goal.

BBC did show it quite a lot so it's had quite an audience but didn't see much on Sky

The more you watch that- Buxton deserves a medal, great touch by Antonio, classy header COG. Pick that one out. I can still remember my disbelief seeing the ball nestling in the net with one eye and the refs outstretched arm with the other. Then absolute pandemonium broke out and that was even in the posh South Stand!

I saw the header and immediately took a glance at the Unitedites to near the scoreboard and saw they put their hands behind the back of their head and I started celebrating before the ball even went past Simonsen! lol

Guest mccallowl

quality play from buxton n antonio, top class cross from buxton and a superb finish from COG

followed by an eruption of noise and bouncing from 3 sides of ground absolute quality

Guest Willyowl

From where we were sitting on the North we were directly behind the line of the ball as O'Grady headed it in. Don't you just flipping love that split second before everyone goes mental when you know it's in? What a special day

Incidently, the goal was the first time in the match I didn't stand up during a Wednesday attack in the anticipation of a goal coming. I sat down even at the point of Buxton putting in the cross. Co-incidence it was that attack that led to a goal? Who knows, but in future I'm not going to get ahead of myself everytime we attack and we might just get more goals! lol

Thought it was a good move at the time but watching the video and watching Buxtons effort, pace and cross it has to be a contender for goal of the season in any of the leagues. Buxton has got to be the most improved player of the season and the best and fittest right back in the league by a country mile.

Echo what everyone else is saying about Buxton in creating that goal (excellent finish too by COG).

Love seeing that - doesn't just pass the ball then sit back and admire his work - he then sprinted to give an option to Antonio and got full reward.

If we do that all over the pitch and show the same attitude, desire and determination, we would walk this league.

Now we've seen how it can be done, I hope others follow that example.