Semedo, two bookings away from suspension

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Not worried really as it has took him 24 games to get the three he has already picked up, but just shows you what effect having card happy refs might have on a team at some part of the season, i have lost count of the number of times this season i have seen an official brandish a yellow for a simple hard physical challenge.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/wary_wednesday_in_fear_of_yellow_peril_1_4075227?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

He only needs to reach December the 31st without reaching 5 bookings, then it goes up to 10 bookings till early April.

From the FA rulebook...

(i) If a Player accumulates five cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and 31 December (including any FTCM played on that day) in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: - One First Team Match

(ii) If a Player accumulates five cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: - “Warned as to his Future Conduct”

(iii) If a Player accumulates ten cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering:- Two First Team matches

Edited by jerseyowl

Guest intercity0wl

He only needs to reach December the 31st without reaching 5 bookings, then it goes up to 10 bookings till early April.

From the FA rulebook...

(i) If a Player accumulates five cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and 31 December (including any FTCM played on that day) in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: - One First Team Match

(ii) If a Player accumulates five cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: - “Warned as to his Future Conduct”

(iii) If a Player accumulates ten cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering:- Two First Team matches

Aint it typical that an Owlstalker has to point something out, that a sports Journo at the Star should have made it his business to find out, before printing.

From the FA rulebook...

Thats ridiculous! 5 bookings in 46 games for a combative midfielder or defender seems nailed on to me.

Aint it typical that an Owlstalker has to point something out, that a sports Journo at the Star should have made it his business to find out, before printing.

I play too much fantasy football, I need to know these things :biggrin:

The long and short of it is, escape with no booking against Walsall and he's allowed a further 7 yellows till a suspension

I believe it goes up to 10 bookings from january mate

I thought it was increased i didn't realise it was to 10 though, any way thanks for that.

From the FA rulebook...

That''ll go down well on the MUFC website, ......but you will need an exemption certificate to qualify for a booking to get it in the first place :rolleyes: !