Boo Boys

No, obviously you wouldn't. You'd put Lines on the left ahead of Jesus

what beholder said.

i wouldnt break up the semedo/lines partnership, so if JOC is getting dropped who do you suggest putting out there? i think we can all agree Lines is wasted on the flanks

Why obviously?

Megsons thinking behind putting the woeful joc on the left has been to make us more solid without the ball.

By this kind of thinking, Prutton would be a far better bet, plus he would give us something with the ball aswell.

Also, Lines has been very poor when put out wide, but has been very good i the middle.

Not sure I'd agree with this entirely, I just think Lines is a good midfielder all round. He doesn't have the attributes to be an effective winger, just like JOC & Prutton don't.

I don't see what the problem is anyway, surely Seggy & Palmer would be ahead of JOC, Lines & Prutton to play on the left.

Why obviously?

Megsons thinking behind putting the woeful joc on the left has been to make us more solid without the ball.

By this kind of thinking, Prutton would be a far better bet, plus he would give us something with the ball aswell.

Also, Lines has been very poor when put out wide, but has been very good i the middle.

Agree with this but, if you understand Megson's thinking, especially with no one else available, why the constant JOC bashing?

Not sure I'd agree with this entirely, I just think Lines is a good midfielder all round. He doesn't have the attributes to be an effective winger, just like JOC & Prutton don't.

I don't see what the problem is anyway, surely Seggy & Palmer would be ahead of JOC, Lines & Prutton to play on the left.

not sure about sedgewick either- to me he is not much better than JOC.

but yeah I wouldn't mind palmer.

I think he will go for the experience of Prutton and keep Lines and semedo in the middle.

what beholder said.

i wouldnt break up the semedo/lines partnership, so if JOC is getting dropped who do you suggest putting out there? i think we can all agree Lines is wasted on the flanks

Just another name to throw in the hat, didn't McGoldrick play on the wing at forrest? Not saying we should play him there as i don't know much about him.

would you stick him on the left?

agree with most comments, JOC has been asked to play a role on the left, largely down to JJ being a d!ck, and Palmer being unavailable, and has done a solid if unnoticable job.

he isnt a left winger, he isnt even a winger. but hes played his role. And if Megson asks him to do a role at weekend, i have no doubt he will do it with 100% effort and most likely, do it well.

personally, i would like to see us start with Marshall and Sedgewick on the flanks - with JJ and Palmer on the bench as backup. reason being, i think Palmer is a little too indisciplined and inexperienced to play this role for 90, and JJ is probably more dangerous off the bench. and i dont think oconnor on the wing gives us enough options.

I'm not sure to be honest. I certainly wouldn't split Semedo and Lines up at the moment. I don't doubt for one second that Prutton could do the job which is being asked of JOC at the minute though. If Megson is picking a team which players are judged from their recent performances, would you honestly start JOC? I think the only thing which would sway Megson's decision, is that JOC knows what these derby's are all about and he's a fiery little fecker.

Either way, having Jesus back is excellent news!

I don't like JOC.

I don't rate JOC.

I think he is awful in CM and worse out wide.

But I would play JOC - give him the job of kicking and frustrating Quinn by being a nuisance. Hopefully get a yellow card out of Quinn perhaps, injure, or just get him frustrated. Then bring him off for a player that would be an attacking asset (JJ/Palmer/Prutton/Sedgwick)

because there have been others available.

Last week- JJ

and the weeks prior- Palmer.

Prior to Saturday JJ had done nothing so deserve a place and could have left us exposed.

Palmer is a real talent and I think Megson is protecting him throughout his development. I certainly wouldn't want to start him on his un natural side

Guest Big Guns

Prior to Saturday JJ had done nothing so deserve a place and could have left us exposed.

Palmer is a real talent and I think Megson is protecting him throughout his development. I certainly wouldn't want to start him on his un natural side

Neither as joc but he keeps playing him

I don't like JOC.

I don't rate JOC.

I think he is awful in CM and worse out wide.

But I would play JOC - give him the job of kicking and frustrating Quinn by being a nuisance. Hopefully get a yellow card out of Quinn perhaps, injure, or just get him frustrated. Then bring him off for a player that would be an attacking asset (JJ/Palmer/Prutton/Sedgwick)

mate your post makes no sense.

JOC v Quinn- there is only one winner. Quinn is superior in every respect and that includes off the ball.

He is the only pig player who I would have in our team.

If we are gonna play someone who would compete with him, we choose our best option. End of

Edited by Beholder

Guest BoomTownOwls

I think JOC's crap overall (although i can see a few, and i stress the word few, qualities he brings to this team) but i think that one of Prutton, JJ, Palmer and Sedgwick should play instead of him.

Does that make me a boo boy...?

Do you boo him and give him stick every time he gets the ball?

Guest In_Milan_We_Trust

I agree that JOC gives 100% every time he steps onto the field and plays to the best of his abilities. However his best is just not good enough to warrant a starting place. Hes a squad player at best. Bring one of Palmer, Prutton or Sedgewick into replace him on Sunday leave the deadly duo of Marshall and Cafu alone on the right. Reda in for Bennett and that should just about do it. 35 mins to go bring JJ on to run at them and scare them to death.

UTO

WTID