Boo Boys

I really think we are starting to look like the real deal now.

I also feel the introduction of James O'conner in the mid-field to "do a job" on a specific threat has helped with this two. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see O'conner given this role on Quinn this coming Sunday... stop him playing and the pigs are nowhere near as good going forward.

Agree - all the so called experts who knock O'Conner obviously cant see how and why he is used and the importance of having a player like that.

Megson knows what he is doing and O'Conner, like it or not, is part of his current plans so please, if you are a Boo Boy - stop it, we all want to get out of this division and to do so need ALL our players to retain their current confidence.

Nuff Said!

2-0 win - you heard it here first (or second) :smile:

Guest BoomTownOwls

I personally think it totally counter-productive to boo any Wednesday player.

However, with certain players, whilst not agreeing with it, I certainly understand it.

Booing James O'Connor, I just don't get it.

I can understand players booing a player who they feel is not trying, who gets sent off in a stupid way, who shirks challenges, who seems to be unfit etc etc.

I simply cannot understand fans booing a player because they feel he is not good enough. It isn't his fault, he didn't pick the team. What is he supposed to do?

James O'Connor gives 100% every single match, he works his socks off and gets stuck in to the best of his ability. On top of that he seems to be a model pro that is an excellent example to the youngsters in the squad.

I really felt sorry for him on Saturday. He was working up and down, putting some good tackles in and generally giving 100%. Yet some mindless idiots give him stick when he receives the ball on the left wing. Its not his fault! He doesn't have the skill or pace to beat a man. He is right footed. He didn't choose to play there. Yet he does so without complaint and to the very best of his admittedly limited ability.

I personally believe that he has really played his part in our last four victories. Some fans claim it is like playing with 10 men! Really? A team wins four in a row with ten men???!!!!!????

Yes when we have the ball he offers little. However his work rate and determination is an absolutely fantastic example to his team mates and it must surely rub off on them. Added to that, he does his job defensively. He always helps the left back out, tracks the opposition full back when they come forward and is always an obstacle they need to get around before they can expose our full back.

A squad needs players like James O'Connor. Solid, reliable professionals that yoy can rely on to come and do a job when you have injuries and suspensions. Just as importantly, when not picked he will not be creating disharmony or sulking. He will just get on with it without moaning and give 100% in training every day.

Well done JOC. Whne you get your pay cheque at the end of every month you can put your hand on your heart and honestly say "I worked hard for that".

Guest Big Guns

Purse ,potter, joc

,irvine there all the same to me but to be fair to megson every manager as a flippinggarbage player who they seem to rate but no one understands why that's joc in megson case

Guest BoomTownOwls

Purse ,potter, joc

,irvine there all the same to me but to be fair to megson every manager as a flippinggarbage player who they seem to rate but no one understands why that's joc in megson case

You see I think players that have been booed by Wednesday fans come in two categories.

Those that always gave 100% - Whelan, Purse, JOC.

Those that didn't - Potter, Jeffers, Clarke etc.

I never understand how a fan can boo a player that is giving 100%.

They didn't pick the team!

Prutton is back in training today so hopefully he'll be fit for sunday.

That'd be great news. I certainly wouldn't drop Lines for him, as he's been in great form, but would be excellent to have him on the bench.

As much as I'll stick up for JOC, Prutton is by FAR the better player to have as a sub.

Prutton is back in training today so hopefully he'll be fit for sunday.

would you stick him on the left?

agree with most comments, JOC has been asked to play a role on the left, largely down to JJ being a d!ck, and Palmer being unavailable, and has done a solid if unnoticable job.

he isnt a left winger, he isnt even a winger. but hes played his role. And if Megson asks him to do a role at weekend, i have no doubt he will do it with 100% effort and most likely, do it well.

personally, i would like to see us start with Marshall and Sedgewick on the flanks - with JJ and Palmer on the bench as backup. reason being, i think Palmer is a little too indisciplined and inexperienced to play this role for 90, and JJ is probably more dangerous off the bench. and i dont think oconnor on the wing gives us enough options.

would you stick him on the left?

agree with most comments, JOC has been asked to play a role on the left, largely down to JJ being a d!ck, and Palmer being unavailable, and has done a solid if unnoticable job.

he isnt a left winger, he isnt even a winger. but hes played his role. And if Megson asks him to do a role at weekend, i have no doubt he will do it with 100% effort and most likely, do it well.

personally, i would like to see us start with Marshall and Sedgewick on the flanks - with JJ and Palmer on the bench as backup. reason being, i think Palmer is a little too indisciplined and inexperienced to play this role for 90, and JJ is probably more dangerous off the bench. and i dont think oconnor on the wing gives us enough options.

No, obviously you wouldn't. You'd put Lines on the left ahead of Jesus

No, obviously you wouldn't. You'd put Lines on the left ahead of Jesus

Why obviously?

Megsons thinking behind putting the woeful joc on the left has been to make us more solid without the ball.

By this kind of thinking, Prutton would be a far better bet, plus he would give us something with the ball aswell.

Also, Lines has been very poor when put out wide, but has been very good i the middle.

Edited by Beholder