Dock the player's wage

In 2002 Mr Mandaric was so incredibly fed up of Portsmouth's bad run of result that he freezed the players and coaches wages.

Although we haven't been on a bad run of late, I think a cap of this week's wages would be sufficient. We had two notable embarrassing away performances last season when we got thumped by teams that we really should have got a reversed scoreline off of. No drastic action was taken and we as the fans were left to face our colleagues at work to get a barrage of abuse from the non-Wednesdayites.

By no means was I under the impression that last night was going to be a walk over. Infact I'd been saying since Stevenage were promoted that we'd lose to them as they are a physical team and are the kind of team that we always come unstuck against. But come on. 5-1? This is a club that were losing regularly to teams like Salisbury and Histon only three years ago.

I know we are in the same league now and should treat all teams as such, but I feel as though the players think they are so much bigger than they are due to the size of some of the clubs in the league.

To lose to anyone in this league by such a scorline is unnacceptable and I fear that once again he manager will try to just move on from this defeat, but I feel that something more drastic should happen like holding player's wages for a week. If something like this does not happen, I fear we have not seen the last of these embarrassing drubbings and it is just not fair for us to have to spend our hard earned cash, take days off work, travel the length and bredth of the country to watch a "team" put nothing in. It happens far too often.

I'm not going to demand the club gives me my money back or hand out free tickets etc beacuse I paid for 90 minutes of football and that's what I got (kind of), but all I ask is that the club does something to ensure that the players give their best and actually show some passion.

this... I know if my boss docked a weeks wages for lack of effort or whatever, I wouldn't exactly come into work every day with a new drive to succeed - i'd be looking elsewhere and quick.

Chances are if you were that sh!t in your job your boss would fire you anyway.

If you don't turn up to your job you either get fired or you don't get paid for the time you didn't work.

The players didn't work last night, therfore don't pay them. Carry on playing like that and they don't get paid. They'll soon sort their sh!t out.

It's just not accpetable for these results to constantly humiliate us, so something needs to happen.

How about sending them out with their names replaced by more appropriate ones on their shirts?

Lazy

Lumper

wee pipe Head

Shirker

Headless Chicken

any others???

Good idea.

The difference being that if I get fired I don't get hundreds of thousands of pounds, in some cases millions as a redundency package and they do.

Megson has to get the best out of what he has. Although it might 'teach them a lesson' to dock their wages, it's not exactly going to get any more out of them which leaves us in a worse position than before

How about we stop sending them down in the lap of luxury.

Stop flying to away games , stop the 5 star hotels etc ... Make then flipping lump it with the rest of us on the train a 7am with the fans, that would sort them out.

Stop treating them like they're in the champions league because they DONT deserve it !

The difference being that if I get fired I don't get hundreds of thousands of pounds, in some cases millions as a redundency package and they do.

Megson has to get the best out of what he has. Although it might 'teach them a lesson' to dock their wages, it's not exactly going to get any more out of them which leaves us in a worse position than before

He does, you're right. But tough love is sometimes the best way to go.

Personally if I was Mandaric paying my players and they showed us up with that shower of sh!t, I simply would not pay them this week.

Squinny about it all you like, but if you cause our club embarrassment like this, then you get punished.

Should the players also have had a bonus for comfortably beating the side who were top of the league in the previous game? It works both ways you know. I'm just as annoyed as everyone else at last night but its only one game. If those kind of performances continue them you might have a point but until then I'll support the players and give them a chance to put things right int he next game.

Should the players also have had a bonus for comfortably beating the side who were top of the league in the previous game? It works both ways you know. I'm just as annoyed as everyone else at last night but its only one game. If those kind of performances continue them you might have a point but until then I'll support the players and give them a chance to put things right int he next game.

It's not only one game though is it?! Did you make that long, depressing, cold trip to Exeter not knowing whether the match would be played? Did you spend the money travelling down to London to watch us get humiliated by Leyton Orient?

The team may have changed since then, but we are still giving out signals that it's OK for our players to make a long trip south and humiliate the fans by not performing.