Sheridan

Its clear that meggo wont be manager when the season ends, the mk dons performance didnt fool anyone, had they not sold their best striker we wouldve been losing on saturday, and a defeat assured

The team is flawed, bennet a liability, prutton leaves huge gaps behind him and misses runners coming through midfield, jones is shuffle on the floor, batth is as inconsistent as jj, marshall keeps drifting inside and isnt as effective as he should be.

The footy is poo and im sick of it come in john sheridan and bring that little winger mendy with you (but not leon)

Yup hes on a five year contract and would cost a packet but he would have time to get us playing good penetrative possession footy

Please kill me.

Me too. We lost but it's hardly defeat number 6 in a row.

Like freaking mental cases you lot honestly.

The simple thing to do is react on a game by game basis. Football is about a season, it will have highs and lows. If it doesn't work out come seasons end then maybe get a new manager, but not now. Christ.

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

Sheridan would be good, he plays football properly and on the floor, but as much as I'd love to see it, would he even leave Chesterfield right now?

The thing is we ain't anywhere near the top he has enough in him to do a decent job for us at this level.

If a league table were produced now, where would wednesday and Chesterfield have finished? Sheridan would be a huge mistake, have you heard his interviews? He makes Laws sound intelligent.

I thought Megson might have gone last night, and if he had, the last person I'd want to replace him would be Sheridan.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH talk about Bi-Polar...

how can anyone be calling for Megsons head as this stage of the season.... grow up the lot of you....

bloody idiots....

or pigs or both....

Guest Sheff Owl

Can we not just keep Sheridan as a legend please?!!

Sheridan is one of the best players to put on an Owls shirt and let's just remember him for that!!!

I know.

Let's all bury our heads in the sand, and muddle onwards for the rest of (yet another) underachieving and frankly embarrassing season, avoiding the 'elephant in the room' that is the bleeding obvious truth that WE HIRED THE WRONG MANAGER!

Act later, rather than sooner.

It always works best.

wibble

I know, I know.

It's always so disappointing whenever people overreact stupidly to the piffling little irritation of a 5-goal thrashing by STEVENAGE!

And as for that, frankly insignificant, affair down at Bournemouth, you know, the one where the team looked like Hoyland Jags reserves (on a bad day!), well honestly, it's just silly, isn't it?

And Bury away? Well, Bury are a very good team, dont'cha know...........

I'm thinking long-term;

I'm already looking forward to the possibility of a sound buttock-reaming by the mighty Fleetwood Town next season.

He is very experienced

:blink: Eh?

And what's the marker for 'very experienced' then?

First of all, as humiliating as last night was, it was only 90 mins (well 45 mins actually) that was dreadful. At 19.44 everything was rosy. With that in mind RIGHT NOW is NOT the time for Megson to go. However, it does rake up the pressure on him and should leave a huge black mark against his record.

Secondly, if Megson does end up being a failure, this will be a 3rd ex-player in just over 10 years that has failed. I wouldn't want Sheridan as a 4th. I want to remember for him for his goal in 91 not for League One mediocrity.

Why is Sheridan so badly thought of as a manager on here?

It baffles me.

It's not that I don't rate him as a manager it's just the fact that if he wasn't a Wednesday legend, people wouldn't think twice about him. Would you have Russell Slade in as a replacement? Or the Bury manager? Or even the Stevenage manager?

Let him prove himself a bit more before he ruins his managerial career at Hillsborough