Asking the fans

If I could make it I would, I really wanted to go yesterday, however I was yet again stuck at work in mansfield making glasses. If I didnt work saturdays id have had a s/t. im currently considering bradford on wednesday, but tbh im put off by team changes.

Not everyone can afford football these days, times are tough and football prices in general are inflated. The cost of a day out at the owls can total a good 40 quid for me on my own including a ticket. I would dare to think how much it would cost if you had a little un or two with you.

Which Is why I have sympathy for those who are probably desperate and would love to come down and support the lads most weeks but just cant.

Very interesting... Totally agree with the OP. Regarding the issue about Owlstalk users goin to matches, that would be interesting to find out... Perhaps a poll? Though there's nowt to stop them lying about that!

So, come on then people who love the Owls n don't go - why not? Is it money or something else?

Guest Triplej2

Very interesting... Totally agree with the OP. Regarding the issue about Owlstalk users goin to matches, that would be interesting to find out... Perhaps a poll? Though there's nowt to stop them lying about that!

So, come on then people who love the Owls n don't go - why not? Is it money or something else?

I picked my games last season due to pure footballing reasons, the performances under Irvine genuinely depressed me, the walk up Park side road and then on to the car like a death march for me!!

I picked my games last season due to pure footballing reasons, the performances under Irvine genuinely depressed me, the walk up Park side road and then on to the car like a death march for me!!

I went to the Huddersfield mid week game at Hillsborough, with Irvine in charge, last season.

It was like watching your own father get mugged, in slow motion.

Travelled up from Reading and got wee wee wet through. Got home about 1:30 am (which many others do travelling vice versa from Sheffield to away games) and thought I must be a mug.

If I'd have known the outcome, I wouldn't have gone, if you had paid me.

The simple answer is success on the pitch. Or at least the prospect of a decent result.

This season = Bournemouth + Bury away = another false dawn, in many casuals eyes.

You can have as many surveys as you like, but the answer is build a squad with the prospect of winning on a regular basis.

Without the potential of a 20 + a season striker, it is not going to happen.

I am not surprised at the attendances this season.

But I am surprised that some of you are.

Interesting, thread don`t wish to put a dampener on everthing Milan has done for us

. Yesterdays match day experience off the pitch was a real reminder of whats still wrong at our club and how much is still needed to be done, If we are to win back some of the stay at home fans.

As a season ticket holder of 20 years,I took a friend along yesterday from Scotland. Now I know that season tickets sold last year and not renewed have still not been wiped from the data base.So I couldnt by the empty seat 3 up from me on the web before the game.

Arriving at the club shop at 2 o`clock my friend wanted to buy a home shirt, in large, sorry out of stock, though looking at the length of the queue by the time we left we would have missed the game if they were in stock.

Once inside the ground, £3.30 for a bottle of lager!!!, not what they are used to paying north of the border.

Still a quick loo break, (taps with no running water, and no paper tissue)

Never mind what about a famous Beres pork sarnie, that should make up for things. ( bloke in front hands his back as its rock hard), we get to front sorry sold out BEFORE KICK OFF!

Finally FC betz closed , so couldnt even back the boys to win..

I know Milan is adding to the staff all the time, but there is still a lot to do, may be others stay away if they find the same.?

I'm one of those boring numpties that like getting in the ground at 1.30. Once there, I would spend £20 a game easily. I used to buy a Steak and Henderson's pie for my son, and 4 or 5 bottles of lager. I often returned at half time to buy 2 more lagers.

But I've got fed up of being taken for a mug, over £3 for a small bottle of lager, when you can pay the same price in the South Stand for a full pint is outrageous. So the last 3 or 4 games of last season, I would have my pre match drink at home, then walk the 15 minutes it takes me to get to the ground. We got in at 2.45 on saturday. I miss getting there early, and I always felt that by buying my drinks inside the ground, I was helping the club, but I'm not getting ripped off anymore.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I went to the Huddersfield mid week game at Hillsborough, with Irvine in charge, last season.

It was like watching your own father get mugged, in slow motion.

Travelled up from Reading and got wee wee wet through. Got home about 1:30 am (which many others do travelling vice versa from Sheffield to away games) and thought I must be a mug.

If I'd have known the outcome, I wouldn't have gone, if you had paid me.

The simple answer is success on the pitch. Or at least the prospect of a decent result.

This season = Bournemouth + Bury away = another false dawn, in many casuals eyes.

You can have as many surveys as you like, but the answer is build a squad with the prospect of winning on a regular basis.

Without the potential of a 20 + a season striker, it is not going to happen.

I am not surprised at the attendances this season.

But I am surprised that some of you are.

That Huddersfield game capitulation was probably the worst all round performance I've seen from SWFC since the 8-0 Newcastle game.

We were so poor. It was a combination of the occasion, the opposition and the fact we were so utterly and completely outclassed.

The cost of football is prohibitive

On Saturday you could watch the Steelers birthday celebration which lasted 9 hours for £22 or pay a similar amount to go to S6 for 90 minutes of football. A lot of comparisons have been made recently with football in Germany where for around 10 euros you can get a match ticket including transport.

As for myself I've fallen out of the habit of going to matches. I started in '73 and missed 4 home games in 20 years my last live game being Arsenal at Wembley in the League cup. I work in a stressful job and most Saturdays all I want to do is relax and listen on the radio rather than face a two hour drive there and back to S6. I will return one day though.

I have a season ticket it's my third year but before I got it and my mates would ask me to go the answer was I simply couldn afford it.i would have gone to every home game if the prices were reasonable but 24-27 quid a game is just rediculous.in my opinion if the price is reasonable more people will go to matches but the equation is...... Playing crap+£27= not goin in many people's thoughts.take it down to £16 and you would fill far more seats.early round cup games drop prices drastically you get more people.as for prices of food and drink many grounds vary but people do pay it.i think it all comes down to money at end of day and not necessarily on performance.

I have a season ticket it's my third year but before I got it and my mates would ask me to go the answer was I simply couldn afford it.i would have gone to every home game if the prices were reasonable but 24-27 quid a game is just rediculous.in my opinion if the price is reasonable more people will go to matches but the equation is...... Playing crap+£27= not goin in many people's thoughts.take it down to £16 and you would fill far more seats.early round cup games drop prices drastically you get more people.as for prices of food and drink many grounds vary but people do pay it.i think it all comes down to money at end of day and not necessarily on performance.

I agree I think no league one club should charge more than between £15-20 for games

my local club Boston charge £14 in the main stand to much for a Blue square north game

it's £18 at Lincoln for a Blue square premier game

both ridiculous

Guest Triplej2

Although I see performances and winning i general as the biggest factor in attendances, I'm with the guy above about prices. Milan should see discounted tickets as an extra player's transfer fee and wages. A fuller Hillsborough always seems to have an effect all on its own.

There should be a bigger differential in pricing between the kop and the other stands IMHO.

The kop should be £15 adults £10 kids £5 under fives.

And a proper family stand and family season tickets should be introduced. We havn't had a well though out family friendly season ticket policy for years.

One of the biggest mistakes LS made, was moving the family area from the grandstand IMHO.

I think Darra makes a good point about getting out of the habbit of going. I'm sure if I lived within 30 miles or so I would have a season ticket, but living so far away I have to pick and choose my games and tie them in with family visits. On top of that I spend so much time away from home I would never be able to justify regular weekends away to go and see the footie.

I'm not sure much could be done about prices of beer etc as I think it's the same where ever you go, but having offers would be a start.

I would think if/as we improve on the pitch more people will want to go to games and attendances will steadily improve. I also think match day offers for students/kids/HMF etc may entice some of the stayaways back and maybe introduce some youngsters who have never been.

Guest AnotherOwl
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Lee Strafford was brilliant at getting the fans onside (at a worse time than this). Little things that didn't cost much but made the fans feel the club cared about them again. Letting staff come on owlstalk and answer queries, the beamback, £1 for kids, free tickets for SCH, half time entertainment, ex-players invited back, free stickers/clapperboards, lighting up the West Stand neons, meeting the fans etc. All these things cost little but fans appreciated it and it conributed to an all in it together feel. Could MM invite Lee back on a voluntary basis to reinstate some of these initiatives? Would Lee do it?

Well said. The man worked for free for the club, and is a proven talent at business and marketing. If I was Milan it would have been one of my first tasks to get him on board. Whatever you'd pay Lee, you just know you'd get value for money, because he loves the club.

Also, he's very 'with it' when it comes to IT. Which could be a right Brucey bonus for things like streaming our own media to the fans in the future.

Sign him up, after the strikers!

Guest Triplej2

lee strafford's idea about putting all the unemployed people in the North west corner was f*cking awful, the awkwardness was tangible! bad bad decision.

Did we not have something if you are Unemployed/not working at the moment, it was the same price as a concession ticket ?

I'm

Unemployed and can get a ticket for £12/14 on the kop with community membership but you have to have had a membership last year. So luckily I can get to quite a few games, the problem for me is kids tickets, I have 3 boys between 4 and 12 but because they aren't members they hav to pay u18 price. I can see this being a factor in ppl not going and it could also affect future generations attending matches. I went to hillsborough every home game as a child and plenty away but I couldn't take my lads every week so they won't get into it as much as when I was a lad

Guest 03 owl

lee strafford's idea about putting all the unemployed people in the North west corner was f*cking awful, the awkwardness was tangible! bad bad decision.

If it was a designated Area I would feel awkward, but if you could sit anywhere rather than have to sit where every tom wee pipe and harry knows your unemployed maybe would work?

Its like i remember getting some free tickets if i went and looked after this lad who had the tickets off his school and every1 was in the same area Admittedly i did feel a little sheepish as i was used to being with the lads at that time.

I know I've said on here that I think Boston can be expensive for the league they're in but they are good in other areas

ADMISSION PRICES

2011/2012 season

Spayne Road Terrace

Adults: £12

Concessions: £9

Under-16s: £4

Adult x1 and Child x1: £14

Adult x2 and Child x2: £28

The Fantasy Island Stand

Adults: £14

Concessions: £10

Under-16s: £5

Adult x1 and Child x1: £17

Adult x2 and Child x2: £34

Benton Brothers York Street Stand

The Jakemans Stand

An area we could look at maybe?

Guest 03 owl

I know I've said on here that I think Boston can be expensive for the league they're in but they are good in other areas

ADMISSION PRICES

Are any of the stands listed Standing?

Edited by 03 owl